Buying Ratchet Straps

Any recommendations for buying ratchet straps? Mine could do with being replaced as they were third-hand when I got them and haven’t got any better since. I’d need a dozen, delivered, and I fall into the category known as “cheap but demanding” :stuck_out_tongue:

i found ebay as cheap as anywhere, if you need some force behind them go for the pull down rather than the push up type ratchet

chaversdad:
i found ebay as cheap as anywhere, if you need some force behind them go for the pull down rather than the push up type ratchet

Thanks, I have looked on ebay and there are some good prices, I never knew you could get pull-down ratchet straps though, hand on heart I have never ever seen one in my life! I’ll take a look.

Those pull down straps are a great job.

Deeireland:
Those pull down straps are a great job.

Yes, and mostly sold out.

I can vouch for these ones (assuming they’re the same strap to the last time I bought from them) being decent. Don’t forget to claim the vat back and all that.
ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-6-meter- … 53ff6a84bf

Depends on what you are at but the pull down ones as was mentioned are great get them off guys hauling containers. Just make sure they are rated, authorities getting very sticky about that

Harry Monk:
I never knew you could get pull-down ratchet straps though, hand on heart I have never ever seen one in my life! I’ll take a look.

something like this is what i use

window-machinery-search.co.u … of-10.html

Often wondered !
Is there not some sort of extension or special leverage add on for the push up ratchets?
Just for that extra couple of clicks on the ratchet.

chaversdad:

Harry Monk:
I never knew you could get pull-down ratchet straps though, hand on heart I have never ever seen one in my life! I’ll take a look.

something like this is what i use

window-machinery-search.co.u … of-10.html

thats a good price at 12.50 each

We use Strapmaster at Stone, Staffs. 01538 753723.
strapmaster.co.uk/

We get a good price on our standard kit, which are 10m / single claw / 5t. They can also print your name on for an extra charge.

I have used arinsdale for a number of years, very good quality and good prices too. Arinsdale.com

GCR2ERF:
They can also print your name on for an extra charge.

Good job my second name is Ferrymaster then :blush:

I’ve always found this a cracking site for straps…

theratchetshop.com/

chaversdad:

GCR2ERF:
They can also print your name on for an extra charge.

Good job my second name is Ferrymaster then :blush:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Use a crowbar

Pending what you have loaded and if you can stand on it just slip the strap tail through the ratchet handle and pull it up that works a treat on push up ratchets!!

I did write an essay on ratchet straps but it’s been lost in the ether. I’ll bullet point it to the fact that you can get the pull down ratchets which are great but 50% bigger from Spanset if you can get them to take your order, they are pricey though.

For quality and price if passing avonmouth
The tacklestore on atlantic rd estate
(Behind the okd focus store)

Its to the left of the magnet &
Screwfix shop

Plenty of parking with a artic to go in

on timber I used a flat tyre bar about 2ft long with the little turn at one end, ideal and suggested a local young lady get one from her local tyre place as she was far from strong enough to get the straps tight enough. the next time I saw her she was most grateful and bought the coffees.