Buying a low ride unit

Am after a lowride unit, and after serching the papers i have only been able to turn up 1 badly abused 01 scania. I have previously bought lowride scania and volvlo, but am at a loss to find any thing at the moment.

I am hoping someone out there has a contact with them.

Thanks Gairoid Derry

I know their a low ride DAF’s about

any more info aprecciated

roadtransport.com/Classifieds/Search.aspx

Try looking on there, they have new vehicles added every day

Not sure when they are going but Westfields in Truro have 5 lo ride scania toplines due to be replaced soon. 52 plate but only 4x2
Don’t know if that would be any use. They have been well hammered though but well looked after

thanks for all help tho still non have turned up :frowning:

try these ones

trucklocator.co.uk/Tractorde … p?ID=11522

search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww … ns=&page=3

search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww … rch.action

Mc Elvaneys in Monaghan have a low ride FH12 on an 05 plate in this weeks autotrader.

You could try contacting Ray Graham, sales at Barnes DAF in Guildford, he sells into Cranleigh Freight Services, I think they are replacing some units, 53 plate, soon.

Ok I give up what is a low ride unit? and whats its purpose?

Thanks

:slight_smile:

pacman06:

Thanks

“Low Ride”,or “Low Deck”,tractors have a lower chassis height and run on low profile tyres,so you can run maximum cube,(“Megacube”) trailers .Mostly for Europe,as places like Germany have a 4.00m height limit.Mega trailers generally run on 19.5" wheels to keep the overall height down.

seen that one in mc elveneys going down at weekend to take a look

this is the one…

We used to run a few with megas but the tyre problems and costs were horrific plus when we called in a blow out the chances of the tyre dealer having a tyre for the megas was not good,

try this advert in the for sale section

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27217

try this http://www.trans-top.com
and look at the used vehicles sites

got sorted an 05 volvo, smilar to the one above

Type in Volvo on eBay, and sort by highest price first. Low ride FH 4x2 unit on there, if you’re still looking?

dieseldan340:

pacman06:

Thanks

“Low Ride”,or “Low Deck”,tractors have a lower chassis height and run on low profile tyres,so you can run maximum cube,(“Megacube”) trailers .Mostly for Europe,as places like Germany have a 4.00m height limit.Mega trailers generally run on 19.5" wheels to keep the overall height down.

Thanks for the info mate.

:smiley:

ando:
Mc Elvaneys in Monaghan have a low ride FH12 on an 05 plate in this weeks autotrader.

I think that’s an ex dixon truck, they seem to have it for a while.