Buying a Dvsa book

Hi folks anyone know if these are available in a actual book form?

ebay.co.uk/itm/DVSA-VOSA-Gui … 338f57a5c5

ebay.co.uk/itm/221567464039? … EBIDX%3AIT

I have bought these but they are just print outs of the documents I have downloaded, the drivers hours one is a fraction of the stuff which is actually on the downloaded version… I thought I was buying a official book… :blush:

I’ve checked through a number of Dvsa/Vosa web pages and it seems to be all “Download here” type things, Just wondering if in these modern times they make books still

:grimacing:

That’s ■■■■■■■ scandalous…they are or were free…go to your local vosa test station and get one there.

ShropsBri:
That’s [zb] scandelous…they are or were free…go to your local vosa test station and get one there.

Very few that haven’t closed now. Don’t think the ATFs have the range of literature in the same way although don’t tend to have to go into reception, if they have one, in the same way as usually just one guy in the test lane dealing with everything.

These used to be handed out during roadside checks/operator visits but then with the goverment cut backs dvsa (vosa) stopped producing then making it only possible to download. I agree with the above post…discussing people are selling printouts of the book. You may get lucky if you visit your local dvsa office as these books are few and far between - especially the guide to maintaining roadworthiness As they stopped printing about 2 years ago.

At one point I had around 10 copies of the drivers hours book, I’ll have a root around at my dads to see if they’re still there
Edit: I found 5 copies, however they`re an earlier 2007 revision with a brown/white cover

At the very least I think you should leave some negative feedback on eBay pointing out that they’re selling something that’s free of charge on the internet! (other than the 25p worth of paper).

khdgsa:
At the very least I think you should leave some negative feedback on eBay pointing out that they’re selling something that’s free of charge on the internet! (other than the 25p worth of paper).

Don’t really understand this sort of mentality.

khdgsa:

Quite the contrary I think its rather enterprising of the eBay seller, as theyre taking advantage of the fact that most people use eBay as one stop shop without the buyer being wise enough to just google the title of the document reqd

free to download - gov.uk/government/uploads/s … hiness.pdf

Yeah I suppose so!
Wish I thought of doing it :smiley:

Here’s one… tinyurl.com/pu65ubv

Note to self…never post on here without first refreshing the page! :blush:

Yeah, I had a browse over the downloads before purchasing the “Book” and again it all seems to be the downloadable PDF or something…

Does anyone know if the Bishopbriggs Vosa place is still opened?.. Might pop in :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt you’ll get GV262 or Guide to maintaining roadworthiness in print at a VOSA/DVSA site They’ll tell you to go and download/print it.

To be honest I don’ think the people on Ebay are offering a bad service. They are A5 prints, so handy size t carry, they look to be collated and stapled etc and not too bad a price. If you only have an inkjet printer at home it’ll ultimately cost a fair bit to print yourself. We include these kind of documents in most of our DCPC courses.

I’ll go into the Shrewsbury test centre tomorrow and see what I can see.