Buy with work at maritime

Hi all :smiley:
I am thinking of becoming an owner driver and have come across the maritime transport website which advertises that you can buy a second hand truck from them and they will guarantee you work and high earnings, ( buy with work they call it ). how true is this?? does anyone know. Any advice on this would be appreciated… (This is just one route i have thought of going down…though i am very sceptical about their claims…)

Welcome to TNUK Gazooks.

I fear you may have just lit the preverbial blue touch paper regarding becoming an owner driver. :open_mouth:
If you use the search facility, you’ll discover an absolute mine of information on the subject, Maritime don’t come out all that well in most of the previous threads about them. :wink:

You will undoubtedly be criticised by the site experts for considering this course of action (becoming an o/d), but not all of them are ■■■■ s and if you do take the time to peruse the previous threads, you’ll find most of the common q&a’s covered in detail.

Good luck. :sunglasses:

Thanks Goaty i will have a look, yeah i have seen some of the comments on becoming an o/d… not many of them positive i must say …but as i say im only thinking about it at the mo…Its a big decision and not one i intend to rush into… :smiley:

gazooks:
I am thinking of becoming an owner driver and have come across the maritime transport website which advertises that you can buy a second hand truck from them and they will guarantee you work and high earnings, ( buy with work they call it ). how true is this?? does anyone know. Any advice on this would be appreciated… (This is just one route i have thought of going down…though i am very sceptical about their claims…)

Rob K:

gazooks:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gazooks:
Thanks Goaty i will have a look, yeah i have seen some of the comments on becoming an o/d… not many of them positive i must say .…but as i say im only thinking about it at the mo…Its a big decision and not one i intend to rush into… :smiley:

Keep searching, eventually someone will tell you what you want to hear. Good luck. (Maritime = :sunglasses: )…start you off. :unamused:

gazooks:

Hi gazooks,

You’ve received very good advice that points you to the search facility, and I’d also advise you to spend some time reading those topics.

Once you’ve read those topics, have you thought about CPC and ‘O’ licence, off-street parking, finance and maintenance?

Good luck to you mate, but please think carefully before signing on the dotted line. :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …haha i take it thats a common question then…lol !..

yeah i have thought of all of those things, cpc “O” licence…etc… i was just looking for some feed back about maritime…as i say its not something im going to rush into…thanks anyway :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56027&hilit=maritime

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56090&p=665869&hilit=maritime#p665869

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56138&p=663984&hilit=maritime#p663984

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56090&p=662373&hilit=maritime#p662373

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54857&p=644778&hilit=maritime#p644778

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53277&p=639538&hilit=maritime#p639538

the list is about 7 pages looooooooooooooong…

pete-b:

Rob K:

gazooks:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob to be fair I think that deserves the “double” one :wink:

Or are you saving that for a more suitable occasion?? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Well the general feeling seems to be to steer clear…thanks for the replys… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: