Butterflies

Man, i have butterflies and i haven’t even started the lessons yet. Don’t no if it can be that i cannot wait to get behind the wheel of the truck or it is nerves.

I am off to relax a tad :blush:

Once you get behind the wheel your nerves will go and your be wanting to get going, your be wondering what all the fuss was after your first day.

Good luck & enjoy. :slight_smile:

Hey mickyblue. +1 to what toast says.

I was just the same. It’s just because you want to get started - if it was proper nerves you’d know. Just take it good and slow once you do start and make sure you ask questions. After about 20 minutes you’ll start to feel a little more at ease and by the second day you’ll be looking forward to getting back in the cab. I did feel knackered after each of the training days tho’ as there’s a lot to concentrate on. And keep a diary - I found it a great way to review and salt away what I had learned.

Pip pip,

Laz

As the two posts above have said you’ll be fine mate.

I felt the same on my first day of training too, almost as soon at the wheels were rolling I was fine

Are you sure it is nerves and not excited anticipation of the unknown?

Micky I know exactly what you mean, I phoned up to book an assessment drive for cat. C (class 2) earlier on today and my stomach was in knots waiting for the phone to be picked up, I was told that the bloke wasn’t home and to phone him after 6 so I could have a chat with him - :unamused: they haven’t a clue what they’re doing to my digestion lol! So I’ll get all excited again before phoning again this evening and getting the date and the rest of it I know I’ll feel sick / worried / excited and all sorts of other things before the assessment to be honest that’s the main reason I want the assessment - atleast that gives me the chance to meet my instructor, have a chat see if we get along and also get over the initial “my gawd this thing is a huuuge” etc etc I feel like atleast then I’ll know what to expect on my training both in my instructor and the truck, I’ve been told I’ll do my training in a Merc Atego. Please please update and let us know how it goes and best of luck to you :slight_smile: (remember to enjoy it despite the nerves though!)

Sions x

Good luck for your training. Im sure once you have started you’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

Im terrible for overworrying so know what you going through , acouple of stiff drinks might help but obviously not before your actually driving i mean the night before :wink:
good luck and enjoy you will i promise

Jen x

Had my 4 hours today and well, i wanted it to go on for longer.

mickyblue:

Glad to hear it. How many days training do you have?

mickyblue:

Told ya !
Glad u enjoying it keep going and we will all look out for that post saying u passed all the best
Jen x

Toast:

mickyblue:

Glad to hear it. How many days training do you have?

6 days for the price of 5.

nice of him to do that

mickyblue:

nice of him to do that

A nice amount of time then your be red hot by the 5th day, How did you find your first day?
:slight_smile:

We hey!! Glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile: Best of luck for your training!!
Booked mine for next sat, 3:30 pm got a two hour assessment for £70. I reckon I have rhinos trotting about in my stomach not butterflies lol ■■

Toast:

mickyblue:

nice of him to do that

A nice amount of time then your be red hot by the 5th day, How did you find your first day?
:slight_smile:

Well he did state he couldn’t find a major fault with me to have a chat about. He thinks i need to iron out a few things and i will be perfect.but other then that i am not getting to confident as i will fail.

Driving something that size is hard. It is not a car and it needs to be given respect

mickyblue:
Well he did state he couldn’t find a major fault with me to have a chat about. He thinks i need to iron out a few things and i will be perfect.but other then that i am not getting to confident as i will fail.

Driving something that size is hard. It is not a car and it needs to be given respect

Thats good, just take everything steady and slow dont rush roundabouts, junctions etc, Think poisitive & your be fine. It took me a few days to get used to size and getting used to how much room you actually need there is alot to take in. Keep as all posted on how everything goes.

Excellent stuff mickyblue! Sounds like you’re off to a good start! Keep up the good work and enjoy the learning and accomplishment that the next few days will bring!

Cheers,

Laz

I don’t think there is a person on here who didn’t have nerves as the day if their hgv training approached. I remember mine. Me and another guy I was working with had our training in Northampton and we spent a week down there doing the training.
The moment I got behind the wheel of that artic for the first time was brilliant. A dream come true from being that small boy with posters of trucks on my bedroom wall to actually doing it for real. A memorable time.

after taking my test today i am sad to say i failed.

I got 4 minors and 1 serious.

The serious was that i pulled out on a round about making a car on my right stop, other then that he told me it was a good drive and out of them 4 minors i only got 2 driving faults.

I am not giving up though