Butlers Brewery Wolverhampton

A friend of mine in Shropshire is restoring a 1953 Leyland Comet 90 brewery dray and is looking for ‘cargo’ including crates, bottles and casks from Butler’s Brewery.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Andy,
Your mate is going to struggle I reckon as Butlers was bought out in the 60’s and morphed in to Michells and Butlers, he may find a couple of wooden barrels and “brand” Butlers Brewery on to them same as the wooden crates. I know there is nothing left in the old brewery as I’ve had a mooch in there 20 years ago sorry I can’t be more help, Cheer’s Pete

Evening Andy,

Two courses of action…

e bay, Butlers Brewery memoribilia…mainly little stuff…

Then, adverts in te Black Country Bugle, and the Express and Star Newspapers. The former will be the better one…amazing what people have at the back of their gardens/sheds!

Pete, … is correct, the site was stripped, and today its due to become part of the Univirsity of Wolverhampton`s complex, dedicated to the Construction Industry…beautiful architecture

But simply raped and remodelled…

Black Country Bugle is the best bet…

Good luck…

Beautiful Beer Butlers…

Cheerio for now,.

Thanks John, I think they have already gone down those routes. I’m supplying some oak barrels to them but what they are really looking for is brown beer bottles.