Busy?

Been talking to a few lads in the car transport game.Everyone seems pretty busy.Is every one the same,is the Credit crunch over?..We seem to be shifting alot of cars.plus we`re shifting the scrappage incentive bangers which is keeping us occupied.

Well i deliver to hotels, and we are extreamly busy… and im told it is only gonna get better, i think we are comming out of it but wont be there till end of next year me thinks… :cry:

we seem to be busy again now. think the less its in the press the less people think about it so the more they spend hence pulling us out of the recession

We are not very busy at the minute. The carrot season is over and there is not much grain left to shift either. So the quicker harvest starts the better. We have been driven for Malcolm’s this week but they don’t need us tomorrow. Don’t think there is much getting done on the bulding side of things or we would be shifting sand a gravel just now.

I drive for a builders merchant unfortunatley but we never really got quiet weve been run off our feet all the time its a little bit seasonal and December was a bit quiet but all in all we are very busy.

I almost had a car transport job recently and within the last couple of weeks ive noticed a hell of a lot of transporters on the road.

The new Range Rover goes on sale soon, And a lot of other car companies have new models coming out. I know Mazda have a 2010 model of the Mazda 3 coming out (been out for a month or so here in Canada). Honda have started production again, so they have cars that need shifting around. Land Rover have gone back to doing 2 shifts . I’d say most of the recession was caused by the media, worrying people and making them not spend money.

If the media stay quiet , things should get back to normal fairly quickly.

Things over here in Canada have started to improve drastically, Oil is going up in price per barrel sparking a boom in the economy.

on agency for last 5 year

never worked less than 3 days a week, last few months 4 or 5 days a week unless i have told the agency i am nhot available

last 2 weeks 6 days.

reason is some companies are not recruiting but relying on agency.

but we have had our rate cut 25p an hour since january :frowning:

Hope things are getting busier, as I need some work now ive quit

Ive been given 5 days work next week, but can only do 4 as HGV medical and Hosp appt on same day…

Done 2 days this week, should have had 5 nights if I wanted em, I didnt.

Things are starting to pick up a bit, whether it will crash again in the autumm we will have to see… Willing to bet wages wont be rising too quickly though :imp:

work has picked for us - been so busy i been driving for 3 full weeks on the trot…

Cast’s bate out and waits for a bite