Busted

standard.co.uk/news/transpo … 77031.html

A man in the East Midlands spotted steering with his knees while he ate his lunch and used his phone.

That shows initiative, as the ladies will tell you men can’t multitask

See I don’t understand drivers ,
We got Bluetooth built into the trucks everything’s controlled on the steering wheel I can even send and read ( the phone reads it out to you ) texts messages so there’s no need to touch the damnd thing.

I actually put mine in the drawer out the way so if it rings it don’t light up the cab like a 55in tv

more income from the easy pickings cash cow drivers.
im wondering of the legality of being able to check back 1 hour into your phone to read txt messages and what bearing they would have in being stopped for something else?
the media is scaremongering all this pish into similar seriousness as drink driving.
itl soon get to the stge where you wont be able to watch a decent video or cook your spuds when your driving down the motorway.
all this stuff is good practice for when we are sitting nose picking on our autonomous trucks shortly…cue ukdrdozydamonitsjoeectect in 5.4.3. :slight_smile:

The law has been out long enough to know that you don’t touch your phone without the risk of been prosecuted. no sympathy what so ever for him. I doubt the phone call was so important that he had to be using it whilst driving. Just when will people learn, its a simple rule so why do it.

Love the comment by ‘Eddie Crunt’ :laughing:
That can’t be his real name is it? :open_mouth: :laughing:

dieseldog999:
the media is scaremongering all this pish into similar seriousness as drink driving.
itl soon get to the stge where you wont be able to watch a decent video or cook your spuds when your driving down the motorway.

No excuse for the phone but as you say sometimes you need both hands, peeling the spuds flat out one handed is impossible, what else can you do without steering with your teeth/knees…

nick2008:
See I don’t understand drivers ,
We got Bluetooth built into the trucks everything’s controlled on the steering wheel I can even send and read ( the phone reads it out to you ) texts messages so there’s no need to touch the damnd thing.

I actually put mine in the drawer out the way so if it rings it don’t light up the cab like a 55in tv

Not true unless your an owner driver or work for a company that will give you a high spec truck or happen to have a truck that just happens to have the higher spec radios with Bluetooth.

Not all new trucks come with Bluetooth for phone preparation. Our 15 plate rigids have Bluetooth preparation but not the full kit for phone calls, our older Volvos don’t have it. Only our 17 plate Mercs have Bluetooth as standard in them and they are crap to drive.

Having said all that the cost of ear buds or a Bluetooth earpiece or visor Bluetooth these days is so little there is absolutely no need for drivers to not have them and use them.

robroy:

Hahaa

Having said all that the cost of ear buds or a Bluetooth earpiece or visor Bluetooth these days is so little there is absolutely no need for drivers to not have them and use them.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you have to draw the line somewhere…its ok to be making your tea and buttering pieces on a nce quiet motorway on the cruise,or watching your microwave nuke your dinner at 60mph,but earbuds are just too dangerous.keep the films on the screen but it has to be bluetooth through the truck speakers for me.

robroy:
Love the comment by ‘Eddie Crunt’ [emoji1]
That can’t be his real name is it? [emoji47] [emoji1]

I think Lidl may find Eddie Crunt signing in to a few of their RDC’s over the next few weeks.

It’s got a certain ring to it.

Edited cos I’m having a mare with my phone!!

robroy:

It’s fanny with an ‘R’ :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
im wondering of the legality of being able to check back 1 hour into your phone to read txt messages and what bearing they would have in being stopped for something else?
all this stuff is good practice for when we are sitting nose picking on our autonomous trucks shortly…cue ukdrdozydamonitsjoeectect in 5.4.3. :slight_smile:

The awkward part is cutting the buggers into uniform sized chips. I’ve had to chuck many a spud out the window after hitting a pothole.

dieseldog999:

This moron brought it upon themselves. Quite what the div thought he was doing is beyond me. Even if he wasn’t caught by that unmarked police tractor unit driving down the road with your foot on the dash would attract the attention of a patrol car.

Bloke was a ■■■■■■, quite rightly got caught.

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

No excuse for the phone but as you say sometimes you need both hands, peeling the spuds flat out one handed is impossible, what else can you do without steering with your teeth/knees…

Andrew, you could always ask the Peelers for help :laughing:

kjw21:
I think Lidl may find Eddie Crunt signing in to a few of their RDC’s over the next few weeks.

It’s got a certain ring to it.

I dunno about Lidl, but I suspect Dozy might utter “Eddie Crunt” several times a week after being given an impossible run, or on a Friday night when his planner is eating steak