BUSTED! Sneaky Coppers In Unmarked Tractor Unit

Asif:
Is it illegal to eat or drink when u driving? I think it was just phone

Been illegal for 7, maybe 8 years. It is classed as driving without due care and attention, although is very rarely prosecuted unless it results in an accident (as proven by driver facing cameras)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Terry Cooksey:
is very rarely prosecuted unless it results in an accident (as proven by driver facing cameras)

Don’t be ridiculous, listen to what we are told…
‘‘Those cameras ain’t there to catch you out , they’re there to protect you’’. :bulb:

Seriously though , I realise that like everything else the gullible are brainwashed into believing all this type of crap,.and will defend it, but …even if you had an accident eating a sandwich, would it not have to be proven to be a contributory factor,?
I don’t know about anybody else on here, but with me not being a complete buffoon I can manage to watch the road and all that is going on around me whilst putting my left hand up to my job, with no problem.
But I suppose by them moving the goalposts by making it a complete absolute, it has that aspect covered.
Good old UK govt motto… either ban it or tax it if it does not suit.

They were operating on the M5 around Worcester area couple of weeks ago and there was about 5 police motorbikes working with the daf. The police had lorries all stopped on the hard shoulder nicking them. I would think that alone is more dangerous than eating a bag crisps or not wearing a seatbelt.

If someone playing with their phone fair enough. But having a sip of drink or a bag of crisps now that is petty.

elsa Lad:
They were operating on the M5 around Worcester area couple of weeks ago and there was about 5 police motorbikes working with the daf. The police had lorries all stopped on the hard shoulder nicking them. I would think that alone is more dangerous than eating a bag crisps or not wearing a seatbelt.

If someone playing with their phone fair enough. But having a sip of drink or a bag of crisps now that is petty.

Last back end I saw a panda car driver drinking from a bottle in slow moving traffic ,like old man Robroy says one rule for them another for us :open_mouth:

Terry Cooksey:

Asif:

Been illegal for 7, maybe 8 years. It is classed as driving without due care and attention, although is very rarely prosecuted unless it results in an accident (as proven by driver facing cameras)

No - it’s not illegal to eat while driving and there’s no specific law against it.
However, if you get distracted while snacking behind the wheel and are not in proper control of your vehicle as a result, the police may prosecute you for careless driving.
google is your friend.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Punchy Dan:

elsa Lad:

Last back end I saw a panda car driver drinking from a bottle in slow moving traffic ,like old man Robroy says one rule for them another for us :open_mouth:

Not sure Robroy will like his new nickname :laughing:

elsa Lad:

Punchy Dan:

elsa Lad:

Not sure Robroy will like his new nickname :laughing:

Nah, I may be older than Dan…, but I look a lot younger than him. :laughing:

jowett1969:
No - it’s not illegal to eat while driving and there’s no specific law against it.
However, if you get distracted while snacking behind the wheel and are not in proper control of your vehicle as a result, the police may prosecute you for careless driving.
google is your friend.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Looks like you’re right
rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know … -answered/

Problem is it seems that several things aren’t illegal or a problem, until the police decide they are, what a surprise… :unamused:
All drivers are equal, but some are more equal than others

adam277:
[zb] the pigs.

Until you’re in trouble or a victim and then you’re one of those who’d be first on the phone wanting their help and complaining they didn’t turn up quick enough.

They should make a database of people like you so when you ring they turn round and say “[zb] you” to you too. Same for the people who attack the fire brigade and who kick off in hospitals and doctors.

Conor:

adam277:
[zb] the pigs.

Until you’re in trouble or a victim and then you’re one of those who’d be first on the phone wanting their help and complaining they didn’t turn up quick enough.

They should make a database of people like you so when you ring they turn round and say “[zb] you” to you too. Same for the people who attack the fire brigade and who kick off in hospitals and doctors.

Ok his comment is a bit over the top, and as you undoubtedly know, I ain’t the Police’s biggest fan, mainly because of disgruntlement with them through a few past experiences,.where I have found their priorities to be all over the place…but that does not, nor will not stop me from calling on them to do the job they are paid for,…and especially as part of my tax goes towards that…
And why should it, it’s their reason to be, their prime function to protect the public,…now whether that protection includes protecting you from mad coffee drinkers, or manic sandwich eaters is a debatable point.

As for your comparison with those ■■■■ whits who attack fire fighters and the like, that is total irrelevant to the point dog ■■■■,… it’s a whole different ball game.

Asif:

No.

Would like to see the video of the incident.

robroy:

Conor:

adam277:
[zb] the pigs.

Ok his comment is a bit over the top, and as you undoubtedly know, I ain’t the Police’s biggest fan, mainly because of disgruntlement with them through a few past experiences,.where I have found their priorities to be all over the place…but that does not, nor will not stop me from calling on them to do the job they are paid for,…and especially as part of my tax goes towards that…
And why should it, it’s their reason to be, their prime function to protect the public,…now whether that protection includes protecting you from mad coffee drinkers, or manic sandwich eaters is a debatable point.

As for your comparison with those [zb] whits who attack fire fighters and the like, that is total irrelevant to the point dog [zb],… it’s a whole different ball game.

By all means.
I have only needed to call the police once.
My motorcycle got stolen.

No one came round, I just got given a crime reference number.
So, I advertised online that my bike is stolen and someone found it. They didnt want to tell me where it was for some reason but phoned the police. (Later found out it was less than a mile away).
The police, did not contact me for several days. They recovered it and moved it 30 miles from me. Then charged me over £200 to collect it.

Why could they not just phone me and tell me to go pick it up? They did none of the work of actually doing the detective work to find it.
All they care about now is making money.

When I say ■■■■ the pigs, I am refering to the Police force not indivdiual police officers who I am sure on the whole are fine, and just follow orders.

I was going to say it is not illegal to eat and drive,

Surely the cops need to show you were not in control for example you were all over the road, but if that is the case you can be charged anyway? Surely!

It’s probably the same one that shot past me a couple of weeks ago on the A14 at Bury-St-Edmunds. I too never saw it coming it I wasn’t going anywhere for them to bust me, but bejeesus can it move, as they where accelerating between each truck and lifting off as they momentarily pulled along side, then off the next one. In hindsight I’d seen a heavy presence of police cars and bikes in several lay-bys earlier on but the penny didn’t drop

All modern cars vans trucks have cup/drinks holders built in so thy are held secure whilst in motion so it’s fairly safe to assume having a gulp on the move is considered an ok practice.

peirre:
It’s probably the same one that shot past me a couple of weeks ago on the A14 at Bury-St-Edmunds. I too never saw it coming it I wasn’t going anywhere for them to bust me, but bejeesus can it move, as they where accelerating between each truck and lifting off as they momentarily pulled along side, then off the next one. In hindsight I’d seen a heavy presence of police cars and bikes in several lay-bys earlier on but the penny didn’t drop

I had one come alongside me a few years back but I’d already clocked him in the mirrors inspecting trucks behind me and then accelerating up to the next one at limiter-defying speeds so I hid the half-eaten Ginsters pasty and the cup of coffee and sat rigidly with my hands on the steering wheel in the ten-to-two position as he came alongside so his passenger could video me.

As he did I glanced over for the briefest of moments but for long enough and in such a way that said “Tough luck Pig, I spotted you”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Terry Cooksey:

Asif:

It’s not illegal, only if you are deemed to be driving in an unsafe manner is it ilegal. 16 Common Driving myths debunked | Automobile Association

peirre:

A recent presentation about Op Tramline said the A14 in the Suffolk area wax one of the most “productive”.

Didn’t Shrek (OP) used to be a bobby?