Buses, coaches, & lorries

Sad news Travel De Courcey has gone Bust
coventrytelegraph.net/news/ … e-18819134

blue estate:
Sad news Travel De Courcey has gone Bust
coventrytelegraph.net/news/ … e-18819134

I’ve supplied them with a good few parts in the past although not for a few years now. Always seemed to me to be a really well run operation and sad to hear. Unfortunately I fear this is only the tip of the iceberg where bus operators are concerned and I expect a few more big operators to go down as well. It’s all very well being able to furlough your staff but the leasing and financing companies still expect to get paid their monthly dues and this is what’s killing the industry.

An AEC of Morecambe Corporation with bodywork by Weymann.
Picture by John Robinson.

A Daimler of Bury Corporation. Picture by John Robinson.

A Leyland lowbridge bus of Leigh Corporation. Leigh Corporation buses needed to be
lowheight because of the doors and roof height of the depot. Picture by Leyland Vehicles.

Hope you don’t mind but thought I would put one or two on here from the NE Tyneside

Thank you for the pictures Tyneside. This picture is 2 new Leyland Atlanteans on delivery, passing through Edinburgh
on their way from Alexander Coachworks in Falkirk to Newcastle Corporation in 1966. Picture by Gavin Booth.

A Leyland Atlantean at the NEC Birmingham in 1980. This bus with bodywork by
Northern Counties in Wigan was one of an order of 50 for export to Kuwait.
Picture by Senior Transport Archive.

Few more from the NE

AVK175V - Alexander bodied Leyland Atlantean. New to Tyne & Wear PTE in August 1980.

ZZZAVK175V.jpg

tyneside:
Few more from the NE

The Atlantean in the pic (WTN655H) was one of a batch ordered by Newcastle Corporation Transport but delivered to the newly formed Tyneside PTE. These buses differed from the previous batches in that they had the stairs located on the nearside between the front entrance and centre exit doors

Wellington st Gateshead.jpg

Ray Smyth:
An AEC Reliance of Smiths-Happiway-Spencer of Wigan, part of the then Blundell Group from Southport.
I believe the original company was Websters of Wigan, then Smiths Tours, and in more recent days it
became Shearings Holidays, sadly no longer with us. Not my picture.

Ray.

I remember Commercial Motor doing a road test of one of their Reliances i think it was a R registration . I wonder if Dean has a copy

Buzzer:
A triple decker never seen one before believed in Germany, Buzzer

That doesn’t look too stable Buzzer , i wonder how it would have performed on LTs skid pan i reckon there would be quite a few skid marks :wink:

A 29 seat Mercedes Benz of Autocares Rodrigues from Los Gallardos in Almeria Province, Spain.
The coach is seen at Almeria Airport waiting to load passengers for the 1 hour journey to Mojacar.
Rodrigues and Exclusive Airport Shuttle provide a bespoke service for individuals to and from the
Mojacar and Vera area, unlike package holidays where the transfers are included in the deal.

Ray Smyth.

Trams in the centre of Munich in 1988.

Ray.

Buses in and around the bus station in Wigan town centre, Monday 7/9/2020.

A Leyland Atlantean from 1975 of Blackburn Corporation with bodywork built locally by East Lancs Coachworks.
Picture by H.J.Black.

A few days ago, I was deeply saddened to hear that Dr Harold Peers had passed away.
Harold was not a transport driver, he was a lifelong enthusiast of buses and coaches.
I first met Harold about 12 years ago at the North West Museum of Road Transport in
St Helens, and later at Skipton and Manchester on several occasions.
Goodnight and God bless Harold, Rest in peace.

Ray Smyth.

Some Newcastle buses Tyneside

Few from Sunderland. The bottom two are Sunderland District Omnibus vehicles, can anyone tell me the make of the buses in the bottom picture, the logo looks very much like that of Atkinson. Tyneside