Buses, coaches, & lorries

coomsey:
NMP off FB

Love these old Chinese six wheeler coaches, just had that look about them. Pity they stopped doing them imo.

Kempston:

coomsey:
NMP off FB

Love these oAld Chinese six wheeler coaches, just had that look about them. Pity they stopped doing them imo.

Yes K, they stand well, strangely I’m not keen on Chinese 6 rigid lorries but like artics, must be summat up with me :unamused:

Kegworth I reckon NMP off FB

coomsey:

Kempston:

coomsey:
NMP off FB

Love these oAld Chinese six wheeler coaches, just had that look about them. Pity they stopped doing them imo.

Yes K, they stand well, strangely I’m not keen on Chinese 6 rigid lorries but like artics, must be summat up with me :unamused:

Exactly the same as me Coomsey, the coaches look superb imo but the lorries just look odd and not right.

Kempston:

coomsey:
NMP off FB

Love these old Chinese six wheeler coaches, just had that look about them. Pity they stopped doing them imo.

Those on the Bedford VAL chassis were not brilliant, the small wheels dictated that the brakes were also small and they overheated badly and needed relining reguarly. The handbrake worked on the front two axles and there was also a transmission brake in normal Bedford fashion. I’m told that the steering was also on the heavy side.

Pete.

Southbound M1 Jct 9 recently, credit to eastleighbusman for the photos, single decker looks like hydrogen powered.
Oily

Hydrogen power on trial Inverness.
Oily

A few from the Highlands.
Oily

14 August 1988
Wythall Transport Museum
Chapel Lane
Wythall
Worcs
Eng

Its a single decker!
Apart from that i have no idea.
I find scenes like this utterly fascinating.

oiltreader:
Southbound M1 Jct 9 recently, credit to eastleighbusman for the photos, single decker looks like hydrogen powered.
Oily

It’s a BYD chassis so it will be electric.

Dennis Javelin:

oiltreader:
Oily

I know nothing about buses really. I note the moderns appear to have letters or numbers on the roof. Why? Does anybody know please?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 3#p2800138

oiltreader:

Bus LC 71 KUR.jpg
Oily

Certainly the effects of globalisation and liberalism, the second bus is operated by RATP group (Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens). RATP runs all Metro and buses in Paris since 1949. More here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RATP_Group

Could any of you tell me more about its manufacturer and where it’s working now? Thanks!

Dipster:

Dennis Javelin:

oiltreader:
Oily

I know nothing about buses really. I note the moderns appear to have letters or numbers on the roof. Why? Does anybody know please?

I would guess its so the TFL traffic ops can see what bus is what on the CCTV for traffic management and bus info

Froggy55:

oiltreader:
Oily

Certainly the effects of globalisation and liberalism, the second bus is operated by RATP group (Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens). RATP runs all Metro and buses in Paris since 1949. More here:

Could any of you tell me more about its manufacturer and where it’s working now? Thanks!

Hope this helps

bydeurope.com/pdp-bus-coach

Dennis Javelin:

Froggy55:

oiltreader:
Oily

Hope this helps

bydeurope.com/pdp-bus-coach

Thanks! So, BYD is a Chinese manufacturer of electric bus chassis. Interesting to see they do not use lithium batteries. Time will tell if it’s the best solution.
Meanwhile, I got more about Alexander Dennis, an important coachmaker.

At the time the streets of London were swarming with elegant RTs and RMs, the only French attempt concerning double-deckers was the appaling-looking Berliet PCMRE, built between 1966 and 1968. Only 25 were made, and already withdrawn in 1972.

Ten years before, in 1956, the sightseeing tour company Cityrama had ordered three double deckers built by Currus on Citroën 55 chassis.

I think this chap on the bus is former Labour MP, Ed Balls. :wink:

robthedog:

What an excellent picture! :sunglasses: