Buses, coaches, & lorries

This photograph has Albion Motors Ltd stamped on the rear, showing six new Albion single deck buses in the livery of Bailie Brothers Ltd

Written on the rear of this photograph, " One of the Guy Vixen single deckers in use by Karachi Tramways "

The previous photograph of the Guy Vixen has a code No G/359 on its rear, this photograph has the code G/750 on its rear, I assume it also is a Guy single deck bus, perhaps someone with more knowledge can tell me more.

Regards

John

Yesterday saw the closure of Alperton Garage in Ealing rd Wembley. A final open day was held in commemoration with guest buses present. Alperton, code ON, opened on 7th June 1939. It was the first new garage to be built by London Transport and originally operated STLs. Its original allocations were 7 buses for route 18, 15 for route 46, 5 for the 79, and 26 for the 83. It will be demolished in favour of a 28 storey tower block having been sold off for £25 million by its owners ComfortDelGro Corporation.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijq-p1ylr4Q

youtube.com/watch?v=K_CgpjEWgug

A Setra bus of Autocares Rodrigues from Los Gallardos on a local service at Mojacar, Almeria Province
in South East Spain, and a long distance 6 wheel coach of ALSA operating from Almeria city to Alicante.

Ray Smyth.

School buses for the local children in Mojacar, Almeria Province in South East Spain.
The first 2 are from the fleet of Autocares Rodrigues who operate the yellow buses
on the local service between Puerto Marina and Mojacar Pueblo.

Ray Smyth.

Photo0569.jpg

oiltreader:
Went to school on a similar model to this Ray. This belongs to the Macdonald family(they own two of MacBrayne’s preserved) of Howmore South Uist, great craic with Robert Macdonald who fired it up and invited me to get behind the wheel and kindly took a snap.
Eddie.

Congratulations, you’ve got the job. When can you start? :grimacing:

Nice to put a face to the name Oily.

11 October 1986
Severn Valley Railway
Kidderminster
Worcs
Eng.

VLT 143
AEC Routemaster. New in November 1959.
Converted to open top 1986
Sold to Mac Tours Edinburgh March 2002
Numbered Lothian 295

11 October 1986
Severn Valley Railway Station
Kidderminster
Worcs
Eng
FJF 193
ex Leicester City Transport
Leyland PD2
Built 1950
Fleet No 154
Turns left from the station forecourt for a short pleasure run.

Very good and interesting documentary about LT’s RT: youtube.com/watch?v=9Ql5yAFByYg

These were still around when I was a boy on the odd occasions we went to London.

(Apologies if it’s been posted before)

21 October 1986
Derby
Derbys
Eng

GSU 841
AEC Militant 6x6 recovery,
Built 1953 and in use with Trent Bus,
Unidentified half cab single deck bus in Trent livery.

7 January 1987
A151
Edenham
Lincs
Eng

Crumbling remains of a unusual Commer One and a Half decker.

Hi pyewacket947v, the AEC recovery wagon preserved, a fine looking machine with a SU Kincardineshire registration. Credit to Mick for the photo.
Oily

Recovery AEC_Bus_Breakdown_Vehicle__Trent_Recovery_Services_-Flickr-mick-_Lumix.jpg

ParkRoyal2100:
Very good and interesting documentary about LT’s RT: youtube.com/watch?v=9Ql5yAFByYg

These were still around when I was a boy on the odd occasions we went to London.

(Apologies if it’s been posted before)

I used to go to school in those. That would have been from 1961 to 1966 for me. That was the year I got expelled…
I always loved the sound of the AEC diesels. Magic.

Tyndrum on the A82 Glasgow to Fort William part and in the hills nearby a now fully functional gold mine. Got to be one of the most scenic bus routes anywhere Uig Ferry Port on west of of the Isle of Skye to Glasgow.
Oily

Quite an appropriate reg no for this DAF .
Photographed on Malta , about 15 years ago .

oiltreader:
Hi pyewacket947v, the AEC recovery wagon preserved, a fine looking machine with a SU Kincardineshire registration. Credit to Mick for the photo.
Oily

Indeed Oily, a great looking motor, Cheers.

14 March 1987
Hewell Lane
Redditch
Worcs
Eng

Q317 UWP
International Harvester
ex School bus in use with Raptor Rehabilitation and Rescue Centre
Sounds like a worthy cause.

Dipster:

ParkRoyal2100:

I always loved the sound of the AEC diesels. Magic.

Me too - those IVECO/ ■■■■■■■ re-engined RMs never sounded right to me.

9 April 1987
Canvey Island
Essex
Eng

Castle Point bus services.
Sorry, apart from the middle one being a Leyland i have no other info on this image.