Buses, coaches, & lorries

One for Leyland600, credit to EwoodEddie1968 for the photo.
Oily

Another one, credit to Steve Newton for the photo.
Oily

oiltreader:
One for Leyland600, credit to EwoodEddie1968 for the photo.
Oily

Thank you for posting some great unusual pictures Eddie. The " Carlislebus " Leyland Atlantean, TRN 479V
looks like it was probably ex Ribble Motor Services,with particularly having a Preston number plate.

Cheers, Ray.

[
[/quote]
Thank you for posting some great unusual pictures Eddie. The " Carlislebus " Leyland Atlantean, TRN 479V
looks like it was probably ex Ribble Motor Services,with particularly having a Preston number plate.
Cheers, Ray.
[/quote]
Correct, Ray. 1479 was new to Ribble Motor Services Ltd.
Sister vehicle 1481, (TRN481V), was also Ribble and is now privately owned and part of the Ribble Vehicle Preservation Trust collection.

oiltreader:
Cute 1952 Austin K8 Plaxton Body Dickson of Dundee , credit to Jon’s Pics for the photo.
Oily

Note the semaphore indicator.

Photographed on English St, Carlisle.this area is now pedestrianised bus passengers have a long walk to the shops these days, another city planners brainwave.
Cheers, Leyland 600

AEC 1966.

Buses in and around the bus station in the town centre of Wigan earlier today. 02/08/2021.

Photo0487.jpg

Photo0478.jpg

Photo0477.jpg

Bus coach lorry bit of both going on here

Out on a Friday jolly

6A90FC2A-AC8E-447C-AC2F-7CDC415492E1.jpeg

robthedog:
Out on a Friday jolly

This coach is a very smart vehicle, I think it is probably a Bedford with Duple bodywork. Thanks Rob.
Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

robthedog:
Out on a Friday jolly

This coach is a very smart vehicle, I think it is probably a Bedford with Duple bodywork. Thanks Rob.
Cheers, Ray Smyth.

It certainly is: more info at flickr.com/photos/rootymasters/ … LMo-KrQj7x

This coach is in what looks like a modified version of the livery that Shearings had for many years.
I understand that although Shearings Tours no longer exist as a company, their well known name
and experience is continued by using smaller coach firms as subbies. This Mercedes-Benz coach is
seen on Ormskirk Road A577 in Pemberton, Wigan, and is from Pats Coaches from Wrexham. 7.8.2021.

Ray Smyth.

Photo0489.jpg

Photo0490.jpg

I found this picture on the Bootle History Forum. A Leyland Titan formerly owned by London Coaches/Atlasbus,
then Capital Citybus. It is seen here in Liverpool, in the ownership of Aintree Coachline. NMP.

A Sherpa bus of North Western, one of many introduced around the time of de-regulation in the late 1980s.
This Sherpa is in Skelhorne Street in Liverpool, near to the massive glass arched roof of Lime Street Railway Station.
I found this picture on the Bootle History Forum. NMP.

Went to school on a similar model to this Ray. This belongs to the Macdonald family(they own two of MacBrayne’s preserved) of Howmore South Uist, great craic with Robert Macdonald who fired it up and invited me to get behind the wheel and kindly took a snap.
Eddie.

IMG_4915.JPG

Part of a MacBrayne’s display at Lochmaddy Ferry Terminal, North Uist… not for sale.
Oily

oiltreader:
Went to school on a similar model to this Ray. This belongs to the Macdonald family(they own two of MacBrayne’s preserved) of Howmore South Uist, great craic with Robert Macdonald who fired it up and invited me to get behind the wheel and kindly took a snap.
Eddie.

Three great pictures of the MACBRAYNES Bedford Eddie. I have noticed for quite a while that their buses and coaches have Glasgow registration numbers.
I know that the company operated in many remote areas, both on the mainland and the offshore islands, but did they start off in Glasgow years ago ?.
The bodywork on KGD 903 looks a bit " Duple ", but I am not too sure.

Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
Eddie.

Three great pictures of the MACBRAYNES Bedford Eddie. I have noticed for quite a while that their buses and coaches have Glasgow registration numbers.
I know that the company operated in many remote areas, both on the mainland and the offshore islands, but did they start off in Glasgow years ago ?.
The bodywork on KGD 903 looks a bit " Duple ", but I do not think it is.

Had to Google for an answer to the origins Ray, don’t know about the coachwork, come in Leyland600.
Oily

oiltreader:

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
Eddie.

The bodywork on KGD 903 looks a bit " Duple ", but I do not think it is.

Had to Google for an answer to the origins Ray, don’t know about the coachwork, come in Leyland600.
Oily

It’s a Duple