Bus Reg No SND 550X kept in haulage yard?

I wonder if any driver can help please? I’m trying to trace an old Rossendale Transport bus that was kept in an haulage yard in either East Lancashire or Greater Manchester, but I’m not sure if it is still there. Its registration number is SND 550X and it was painted in a mainly cream livery with maroon bands. It was owned by a guy called Dave Roberts.

Can anyone remember it or knows if its still being kept somewhere.

gsy4

Blimey I used to go to school on that little bloody thing :open_mouth: there’s a load of old buses parked at the rear of the dresser centre in Openshaw , could possibly be in there , we do a drop there but never noticed it , might be with a nosey if your local

Thanks for the heads up, I’m based in Rossendale and was at school too when they arrived!!

According to the DVLA website , it`s annual MOT test expired on 11/06/82 .

Have a post on a bus fanatic site. Stobart spotters have nothing on them in terms if sheer volumes of raw data/locations/changes of ownership… :open_mouth:

You also get guys who don’t have the licences to actually drive the things but keep them up to scratch, just in case…

Have you checked the yard at the end of Newline at Bacup?
There was an old coach in there along with a few Seddon Atkinson tractor units.
Have a search on Google maps.
Or there was another bus parked for years over at an automatic transmission repair garage on the Hebden Bridge to Burnley road.

Thanks for your replies, it was last seen on the road in the early 1990’s and Im hoping its been stored since, all I have is that it was
being kept in an haulage yard. I live near to New Line and its never been there, I know the guy who owned lived in Bury for a time.

Perhaps this could be duplicated to the Buses Coaches and Lorries thread on the Old Time section of the Forum along with what type of bus we are actually looking for.

Naturally I had an affection for these two little buses at Rossendale possibly because of their likeness to the Seddon Midi Bus. I was going to suggest (tongue in cheek) that your film would have been fine and that it is always dull and dismal in Rawtenstall, but at the risk of taking abuse from the locals and now that pictorial evidence shows that there has actually been sunshine in the area, I will shut up forthwith LOL! Turning back to the buses, both these vehicles subsequently moved on to Silver Star of Upper Llandrog who were a big user of second hand Bristol LH’s at the time. I heard a few years back that both SND550/551X had been acquired by a Gentleman from Blackburn, one for preservation and the other to provide parts for the project but never heard anymore about this. Does anyone know what happened to the buses?

Copied from a flickr page,

4612756301_06a9abb0fa_w.jpg

The picture is of SND 551X at Silver Star, this was later scrapped. Its SND 550X that I’m trying to find. A guy called Dave Roberts from the Bury area bought it, having been a Rossendale driver at the Rochdale depot. He took it on one rally the REC Blackpool to Southport run, then its whereabouts is unknown. I heard it was being stored in an haulage yard somewhere, hence my posts for info hear.

Can I ask what your interest in this particular bus is ?

I’ve been collecting various stuff from Rawtenstall Corporation and Rossendale Transport for the past 35 years, I keep track of each vehicle after it leaves. This is a unique vehicle and if its still out there then there is a chance it could be preserved.

Is Dave Roberts not on facebook ? Or known in any of the bus groups on there ?

What about writing to the dvla about owner info ? Not sure you can do this anymore though

I’ve tried numerous other options, DVLA won’t release info for data protection, I’m trying here because of the haulage yard connection.

tangytango.proboards.com/

Ask on here, these lot know everything, if not ask the Bromley bus group on Facebook they k ow of any bus anywhere in the world literally.

There’s a bloke on YouTube called Dave spencer maybe drop
Him a message as he’s heavily into his trucks and buses

thanks for everyone’s replies but still no luck!

I’m still trying to find details of this bus if anybody can help.

Cheers

Still looking for information on this if anyone can help please.

Thanks