Bus Licence

Not sure how you would stand if you un bolted the seats, as then they wouldnt be fitted, so it would be a large van with windows?

I drove an ex London Transport double decker around the County shows in 2001 for several months, and this had been relicensed as an LGV.

Calv:
[ (which I cannot find on the net)
Calv

dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leafle … pw_eng.pdf

and HERE

thought all the above very interesting,but you are all forgetting a couple of things,
"dont forget a plentiful supply of paper towel as most of the deckers steam up when fully loaded and the blowers/demisters are a joke :laughing: "
"and make sure that they have window wipers fitted to the inside of the windscreen as you,ll probably need them as there is sometimes more water inside than out when it rains, :slight_smile: "
on a lighter note the new mans we have got are a treat to drive apart from trying to get 40 foot down some of the back streets,
best regards to all,Clive.

any 1 have the theory books for the bus/coach that they are willing to sell?

upgraded my buz licence in dec 2003,its not plain sailing but can be fun :open_mouth: .
first you will need a provisinal in a cat d licence,pass a medical,even if holding a hgv,( i did even holding a 16 seat mini bus & class 1 hgv),and still under 46 yrs old,you then do the theory and the haz perception test,hopefully pass both( fail one and you start again),then do a week out training normally in pairs and take test end of week if put through big company with own examiner,
did mine with ARRIVA at Cannock,left three months later,public are a pain at the best of times so got out.

best of luck & have fun

mark

Mark,did you sit your test in a manual or semi-auto/auto?
Still can’t work out why coach companies stick with manual gearbox coaches.Why not go down the same route as bus companies, use auto/semi-auto gearboxes.
If you pass with a bus company you have to sit another test before you can work for a coach company unless you have passed your lgv.

How much does a buzz driver get paid?

I mean on town routes, not coaching where you get tips and drunken women :stuck_out_tongue:

In bus licences there are 2 categories so to speak. Vocational and non vocational licences. In other words one where the driver carries passengers for ’ hire or reward’. The other, non vocational for fitters, who are road testing vehicles or recovering them after break downs.

to gsm31,
i did it in a old leyland 50 seater that they seem to like putting you in, it had six speed semi auto box, but when passed all the buses was full auto’s,even the old london deckers that always end up at cannock,most hairy part to remember is you are sitting in front of the wheels and can appear to be driving it SIDEWAYS :open_mouth: ,as said before it can be fun.
the reverse can be a pain with semi auto ,just let it tick over when getting to the box,and watch the overhang when turning corners,or bird spotting in town :smiley: them pedestrians dont think of moving even with a bus coming over the pavement on tight corners,and dont clip the curb at all.

for wheel nut

the pay is poor for the aggro you have to put up with,hours are regulated by the company,and timetable,duty times,etc
the average week is forty hrs and can do overtime(you need to ),but your lucky to take home: £250-300 max even with big company’s.

down here south coast its even worse,wilts and dorset,yellow buses,stagecoach etc are all the same but the cost of living down dont bear thinking of on them wages.

mark

Wheel Nut:
How much does a buzz driver get paid?

I mean on town routes, not coaching where you get tips and drunken women :stuck_out_tongue:

not enough,stagecoach/ex lincolnshire road car pay out £7.29 an hr,also a lot of the coach companies are also now going down the fully auto gearbox route,we have had a few took their driving lessons for us on fully automatics only to find when they got to our depot they are presented with a semi auto,(oops),i think they have now kept a semi automatic to show them now at the training school