Bus lanes no!

switchlogic:

adam277:

karl67:

adam277:
Regent Street… God London and bus lanes are just a nightmare. There is a Tesco on regent Street I fudging loathe.

whats wrong with it you tip in the side road ?

The Metro is on a side road off of regent street. Along a one way system. Pain to get in there because cars are parked there so you have to keep going around, getting stuck in traffic as there is nowhere to park. :laughing:

I think you need to work for some more organised people if you keep having problems like this. :smiley: I’ve done central London for Tesco, Iceland, Sainsbury’s, DTS, Arla, M&S (Gist) of those I can remember, and I never had any issues really

I call BS then.
Iceland is terrible for it. Tiny car parks or onstreet parking which is full of customers parked cars make it a pain. I remember seeing a Iceland truck trying reverse out of the Basildon store a few months back. He completely decimated a Iceland van. Was hilarious. :grimacing:

There is nothing quite like getting a MSA delivery though. Polegates petrol station co-op. So easy. :slight_smile:
I know I am ranting but I dont care :grimacing:

The picture I included is a place in dover in which they send a 35ft trailer. The tiniest roads. Then when you get there. No where to park at all. If your lucky the shop has started blocking the customer parking but in most cases nope. That is down to the driver. The unloading bay is the customer parking entrance. So you cant get in until every customer has left. No where to park in the meantime as even a motorcycle couldnt speeze past you.

adam277:
I call BS then.
Iceland is terrible for it. Tiny car parks or onstreet parking which is full of customers parked cars make it a pain. I remember seeing a Iceland truck trying reverse out of the Basildon store a few months back. He completely decimated a Iceland van. Was hilarious. :grimacing:

There is nothing quite like getting a MSA delivery though. Polegates petrol station co-op. So easy. :slight_smile:

The picture I included is a place in dover in which they send a 35ft trailer. The tiniest roads. Then when you get there. No where to park at all. If your lucky the shop has started blocking the customer parking but in most cases nope. That is down to the driver. The unloading bay is the customer parking entrance. So you cant get in until every customer has left. No where to park in the meantime as even a motorcycle couldnt speeze past you.

Or maybe I’m not such a drama Queen and just get on with it. Sure some stores are tight, ever do Iceland Elephant & Castle (underground)? The general idea is you just get on with it. You’re paid by the hour to deliver so that’s what you do. Wether you have to wait 1 minute or 1 hour for a car to move no need to stress. What Iceland depot did you work for? I was at Enfield. Biggest issue with them at time was spending hours in yard in summer waiting for their scrap fridges at time to hit minus 15. Usually connected to N reg Volvo FL10’s with more filth inside than a landfill.

Like I say, I think you need to calm down a touch and start taking it a bit more in your stride :smiley: Try doing a butchers shop in a residential street in Naples or Rome, up in a village halfway up a mountain, or navigating Athens where there’s barely a sign with an alphabet you recognise. :smiley: Stress is a drivers worse enemy, the job is so much better once you conquer it

switchlogic:

adam277:
I call BS then.

Or maybe I’m not such a drama Queen and just get on with it. Sure some stores are tight, ever do Iceland Elephant & Castle (underground)? The general idea is you just get on with it. You’re paid by the hour to deliver so that’s what you do. Wether you have to wait 1 minute or 1 hour for a car to move no need to stress. What Iceland depot did you work for? I was at Enfield. Biggest issue with them at time was spending hours in yard in summer waiting for their scrap fridges at time to hit minus 15. Usually connected to N reg Volvo FL10’s with more filth inside than a landfill.

Like I say, I think you need to calm down a touch and start taking it a bit more in your stride :smiley: Try doing a butchers shop in a residential street in Naples or Rome, up in a village halfway up a mountain, or navigating Athens where there’s barely a sign with an alphabet you recognise. :smiley: Stress is a drivers worse enemy, the job is so much better once you conquer it

True to be fair I havent done supermarket work in about 9 months.
Got tedious after a while cause like 90% of work was just driving into London.
I didnt work at Iceland just spoke to a few of the drivers cause we often have shared delivery areas.
Never done the underground elephant and castle although I done a few just off the roundabout. Heard it is pretty crap though. I’ve done my share of underground London areas though.

Ye I hated the filth in the supermarket cabs.
■■■■ bottles, sunflower seeds. Old bits of mouldy food between the seats and in the cubby holes. :unamused:

I’d quite happily do a butchers shop in Rome lol. My main grievance is you start in Thurrock and then your straight on the A13 into London. No nice drive. Straight into hell.

vsbvItE.png

You’re leading off about bus lanes and bus drivers affecting a job you haven’t done for 9 months ! I think you need to start taking your resting blood pressure, because by the sound of it you are either heading for a medical incident or a road rage event if you are letting this still bother you.

Chill out, slow down, it gets there when it does it’s not your fault if its late.

[/quote]
whats wrong with it you tip in the side road ?
[/quote]
The Metro is on a side road off of regent street. Along a one way system. Pain to get in there because cars are parked there so you have to keep going around, getting stuck in traffic as there is nowhere to park. :laughing:
[/quote]
I call BS then.

[/quote]
Street view photo your the ■■■■■■■■■■■ send your own photos or it didnt happen !

adam277:
I’d quite happily do a butchers shop in Rome lol. My main grievance is you start in Thurrock and then your straight on the A13 into London. No nice drive. Straight into hell.

Hmmm, I think ‘happily’ might be a touch optimistic on your part. :smiley: especially Since you don’t seem to understand the concept of ‘roads’ or ‘cities’ :smiley:

switchlogic:

adam277:

Hmmm, I think ‘happily’ might be a touch optimistic on your part. :smiley: especially Since you don’t seem to understand the concept of ‘roads’ or ‘cities’ :smiley:

The forum moron making his way to Rome, I think not he wouldn’t know which way to turn let alone the paperwork

Look at me, I’m a big man with my big powerful V8. Just getting this in before someone else does :smiley:

Ah the joys of Naples. Whites do this drop, one of many, most weeks. A bus lane would be great as it would mean there was space! Instead of market traders having to pull their merchandise off the road and waiting for old ladies to pay for their apples to let you past :smiley: So yeah, London isn’t all that bad really! :smiley: Only benefit much of Europe has over the UK? Attitude. Not a single one of those people would have even thought twice about this British artic struggling down a street far from its home. Look in those pictures, not a single person is even looking at me as I struggle past. In U.K. people would be taking photos and calling the police and council a tweeting about the ‘idiot foreigner’ who was ‘lost’ as they think. Europe, mainland, in general is a much better place to drive than U.K. Ask anyone with experience of both, you’ll struggle to find one who prefers U.K. And it comes to Something when drops like that in places notorious for bad driving* is an improvement.

• I’m one of those that actually doesn’t think Italians are bad drivers, they just take no prisoners. I actually prefer driving there as you just get on with what you have to do and everyone works around you

robthedog:

switchlogic:

adam277:

The forum moron making his way to Rome, I think not he wouldn’t know which way to turn let alone the paperwork

:smiley: :smiley: Id just like to point out you said that not me! :smiley:

robthedog:

And yet, I am no doubt more capable a driver than yourself. No doubt your some old git that gets out of breath climbing out of the truck.

robthedog:
Street view photo your the [zb] send your own photos or it didnt happen !

Yea, it’s a google street photo. I am not the type who takes photos of the trucks he drives or the places he goes. Actually it baffles me a bit that people do it. Like someone taking pictures of their favorite forklift. But then again, people can do what they want. I guess we live in a world now in which people have to take a photo of everything, from what they eat to how their ■■■■■ matter looks.
Dont get me long, I like a nice photo of scenery but thats the extent of my passion for photography.
If your think I am lying about some supermarket delivery lol thats fine.

cav551:
You’re leading off about bus lanes and bus drivers affecting a job you haven’t done for 9 months ! I think you need to start taking your resting blood pressure, because by the sound of it you are either heading for a medical incident or a road rage event if you are letting this still bother you.

Chill out, slow down, it gets there when it does it’s not your fault if its late.

I am chill. I have driven in London in the last 9 months just not for supermarkets. My blood pressure is fine as well. I dont get angry or suffer from road rage. I am maybe being over expressive in describing my personal thoughts about it though. I can assure you though it does not translate to how I actually feel. I am not sitting smashing my keyboard at pure rage at the thought of a bus lane. Most of the time I quite like London just dont enjoy doing 2-3 runs in London everyday week in week out.

adam277:

robthedog:

And yet, I am no doubt more capable a driver than yourself. No doubt your some old git that gets out of breath climbing out of the truck.

robthedog:
Street view photo your the [zb] send your own photos or it didnt happen !

Yea, it’s a google street photo. I am not the type who takes photos of the trucks he drives or the places he goes. Actually it baffles me a bit that people do it. Like someone taking pictures of their favorite forklift. But then again, people can do what they want. I guess we live in a world now in which people have to take a photo of everything, from what they eat to how their ■■■■■ matter looks.
Dont get me long, I like a nice photo of scenery but thats the extent of my passion for photography.

cav551:

I am chill. I have driven in London in the last 9 months just not for supermarkets. My blood pressure is fine as well. I dont get angry or suffer from road rage. I am maybe being over expressive in describing my personal thoughts about it though. I can assure you though it does not translate to how I actually feel. I am not sitting smashing my keyboard at pure rage at the thought of a bus lane. Most of the time I quite like London just dont enjoy doing 2-3 runs in London everyday week in week out.

Oh dear so sad and deluded about ones ability

What bit do you think I am not capable of?
Elaborate.

Personally, I think you are incapable of climbing in the back of a trailer. I also think you may not be capable of doing much heavy lifting if at all. I may be wrong. But that is my preconcieved notions of you. Whats yours of me. :grimacing:
Now, considering most hgv jobs require some of this… Not so capable.

adam277:
What bit do you think I am not capable of?
Elaborate.

Personally, I think you are incapable of climbing in the back of a trailer. I also think you may not be capable of doing much heavy lifting if at all. I may be wrong. But that is my preconcieved notions of you. Whats yours of me. :grimacing:
Now, considering most hgv jobs require some of this… Not so capable.

adam277:

You sound a right barrel of laughs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:

adam277:

Yea, not a big fan of taking photos of trucks sorry. :laughing:
If you are its fine. Same with truck spotters it just not my thing.

adam277:

switchlogic:

adam277:

Well I’m Just a bit baffled as to why people having different interests is baffling to you? The world and humanity is a wide and varied and fascinating place, nothing to be baffled by. #Baffled

switchlogic:

adam277:

switchlogic:

adam277:

Well I’m Just a bit baffled as to why people having different interests is baffling to you? The world and humanity is a wide and varied and fascinating place, nothing to be baffled by. #Baffled

I guess I am easily baffled.
I also find milk bottle collecting weird.

Just get a normal hobby like car park spotting or drain spotting.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … overs.html

0_Rounderbouts.jpg

So what is your hobby? What gets you going? If anything does of course, some are very unexcitable

switchlogic:
So what is your hobby? What gets you going? If anything does of course, some are very unexcitable

Reading. Usually about China, I do have a weird fasincation about Mao Zedong. Language learning (my chinese is terrible but learning slowly for the CCP takeover).
Other than that playing the occasional video game. I used to be into doing up sleeper cars/vans. Had an old MK5 smiley tansit that I put a cosworth engine into. Was pretty fun but huge money pit.

adam277:

switchlogic:

Reading. Usually about China, I do have a weird fasincation about Mao Zedong. Language learning (my chinese is terrible but learning slowly for the CCP takeover).
Other than that playing the occasional video game. I used to be into doing up sleeper cars/vans. Had an old MK5 smiley tansit that I put a cosworth engine into. Was pretty fun but huge money pit.

Ah I’m fascinated by China too. Plus money pit vehicles, my vice in that respect is VW T2 Campers. Have one, not been on road for a few years but won’t need much to get back road going. Was my 30th birthday present to myself (we were both born in 1977) then took it to Nordkapp, Norway, broke down all way up and back again and most stressful holiday I’ve ever had (not to mention the most expensive) but at the same time amazing for how tough it was! Stories where everything goes to plan are often dull. Well, that’s what I told myself looking at my year old truck at my dream job on its side in a ditch :smiley: Turned out ok