Bus lane glares

Anyone else get glared at by people (usually car drivers but not strictly limited to them…) when you’re driving in a bus lane outside its hours of operation? Whether I’m driving my lorry or my car, if it’s a timed bus lane and it’s outside those times, I drive in the bus lane but usually, apart from me, other lorries, buses and taxis and so on, no-one else is in there and is driving outside it. Any eye contact I make with these non-buslaners is usually hard stares as if I’m committing the ultimate sin or something. :neutral_face:

Don’t people read signs?!

It’s the same with these timed 2+ lanes; I always drive in the one in Leeds when it’s not in operation but the amount of other vehicles that don’t, even though they can, beggars belief. :neutral_face:

^^^ Is that really so difficult to understand? Okay, I accept that out of their hours, a lot of bus lanes become parking zones, but still…

It’s a test fail for not using them if safe and legal to do so - IF in not doing so inconveniences other road users.

i get it all the time but whilst they are in a queue im zipping along til some daft idiot either pulls out in front of me or trys to block the lane :wink:

And when the restriction is in force plenty of drivers choose to ignore it and use the lane…now that annoys me.

when my wife was having driving lessons, her instructor asked her why she was in the bus lane. when she explained about the times, he said he didn’t know about them!

I go to our companies yard on Stockport road in Manchester quite often, i usually come in from the city centre heading toeards the M60
going through Longsight, the bus lanes in that direction say 4pm-7pm but do you see anybody in them outside these hours?

answers on a post card please.

timmo:
when my wife was having driving lessons, her instructor asked her why she was in the bus lane. when she explained about the times, he said he didn’t know about them!

you know what that is actually scary! no wonder we have a bunch of idiots roaming around britain when these are the people that teach them :imp:

For the 1st 2 and a half years of my working life I worked in a shop and learned a valuable lesson. Joe Public is a brain dead idiot.

I have been surprised how long the Tyburn Road suspension was advertised, yet even HGV drivers still sat in the long queues as I undertook them, I could gain 30 minutes on that little stretch in a morning :laughing:

Unfortunately I read that the work to remove the signs started in August and traffic management was to be reinstated :frowning:

Weird this post came up as it was only yesterday I was driving in Ayr (In teh car) and in the bus lane (Mon-Sat 6am-8.30am) when the GF said id better not drive in the bus lane incase I got a fine, I asked her why, she said cause your in bus lane so I made her look at teh sign and read me it out, suffice to say she shut up after that.

i hate bus lanes. the bus drivers think they have the right to take your nearside mirror off.

pete904ni:
Joe Public is a brain dead idiot.

Think you hit the nail on the head there

I shall be happily useing the bus lane into Croydon in the morning on the A23, HGV`s, taxis and bikes are allowed to share it :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Scottish Cruiser is spot on people only see the BUS LANE not the rest of the sign…always read the small print :smiley:

MrPanther:
‘…Anyone else get glared at by people (usually car drivers but not strictly limited to them…) when you’re driving in a bus lane outside its hours of operation?..’

Yeah, but they’re invariably the ones that leave roundabouts with an O/S indicator going and ‘fogs’ on during winter sunshine.

no idea why but there is a bus lane going out of leicester that i dare not use every morning at about 7am :blush: :blush: , even though it says between hours of 4pm-6pm there is a lane enforcement camera on the bus lane and when i come up to it and the road is 2 lanes i always stay in the second lane :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: my hand just wont turn the steering wheel for fear of camera flashing me and ■■■■ goes my clean licence. :exclamation: :exclamation:

Cruise Control:
there is a bus lane going out of leicester that i dare not use every morning at about 7am

Which road in Leicester :question:

ROG:

Cruise Control:
there is a bus lane going out of leicester that i dare not use every morning at about 7am

Which road in Leicester :question:

EDIT

the A426 aylestone road, heading out of leic towards A563 junction just after petrol station on left i think. i know i can use it but just my hands says yes but brain say no no no. :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:
the A426 aylestone road, heading out of leic towards A563 junction just after petrol station on left i think. i know i can use it but just my hands says yes but brain say no no no. :laughing: :laughing:

I can absolutely assure you that those cameras will not flash outside those hours - inside info - they are set to work from 5 mins after the start time and to finish 5 mins before the end time.

post deleted