Bus driving

I know people have asked questions about becoming a bus driver but as some of you may know I am a bus driver but Im about at the end of my tether with it now, especially after earlier!!
Basically somebody asked me where a bus was, and I said I didnt know then they said that it should have been here by now etc etc, so I just said that I dont know Im driving this one then he started gobbing off at me and as I started pulling away from the stop he shouted trucking stick at me - well that was it, I stood on the brakes and was about to get out of the cab when I thought better of it as I dont quite know what I would have done if I had done so…
It took me a couple of hours to calm down afterwards…
Basically, anybody thinking of bus driving - DONT!!!

Been there my man!! I done it for ten years although i was the coach side of things…which is even worse at times in my view because they have hired the coach they felt the could treat me like a slave. I got hauled up a few times about argueing with customers and guess what the boss always backed them up…spineless ■■■■.
To cut along story short went back on the wagons last year and couldn’t be happier

Sorry to hear about you’re day,unfortunately it happens,this is exactly why I wouldn’t go on the buses,was bad enough when I was cab driving in newcastle for a few years,get the lgv and get out there,you still get grief but its easier to shrug off.
Chin up mate,tomorrows another day! :smiley:
Simon :sunglasses:

I did a bit of Busin and Coachin, but people are friggin horrible… :imp:

Smee:
I did a bit of Busin and Coachin, but people are friggin horrible… :imp:

Freight don’t talk back :exclamation: :exclamation: - well, not in English anyway :wink: :laughing:

ive done a lot of coach and bus driving but never again. the few good jobs you get with nice people dont make up for the 99% of bad jobs you get with idiot people (like midnight return from blackpool with 53 drunken bums that think they can fight tyson with a few gallon of ale down the neck) :unamused:

DAF95XF:
I know people have asked questions about becoming a bus driver but as some of you may know I am a bus driver but Im about at the end of my tether with it now, especially after earlier!!
Basically somebody asked me where a bus was, and I said I didnt know then they said that it should have been here by now etc etc, so I just said that I dont know Im driving this one then he started gobbing off at me and as I started pulling away from the stop he shouted trucking stick at me - well that was it, I stood on the brakes and was about to get out of the cab when I thought better of it as I dont quite know what I would have done if I had done so…
It took me a couple of hours to calm down afterwards…

And you think that you will be spoke/treat to any better in an RDC :unamused:
I get this sometimes,its amasing watching their faces when you just laugh at em and shrug your shoulders :laughing:
Another classic is “Can you tell me what time number 99 goes” I dont know mate i dont catch buses :laughing: .
I had a woman last week who though see could take a steady walk to catch my bus and i and rest of the cattle would wait for her,her face was a picture as the Volvo engine roared pass her :wink: .
Try seeing how many you can leave in a day it`s much more fun :stuck_out_tongue: .
My total was 2 yesterday :wink: i will try to do better today

Hey,

Ive been driving buses for 6 years now… It has to be the worst job ive ever did! Spent the first two working for a large pink company who where a bunch of cowboys. Eventauly had enough after about 2 years and walked after having an argument with the manager for asking me to do 7 hours driving with only a 10 minute break in the middle! I flew off on one and was removed from duty for failing to follow the managers orders! 2 days later I was working for a large blue company who let you get on with the job as long as you did it right but the shifts where 12 - 13 hours spreadovers so I never lasted long. Off to a small company in Renfrewshire for a year, enjoyable little easy place to work but money was rubish. After that I got offered a job doing City Sightseeing work with an open topper. Excellent paid job, and easy too! but come November I was out of work. Spent the winter on HGV / 7.5t / van driving, then back to City Sightseeing in the winter. I just finished off with them on October and went back to working for the large pink company again (Big mistake) I was removed from duty for telling a manager what I thought of him! (Again all because of asking me to go over my driving hours!)… Off to sign on with agencies, been round 6 now and not had a days work. Offered myself to coach companies for ad-hoc work and had a few days here and there with a few different companies up until yesterday when I was offered full time private hire coaching work for a company in Milngavie who run very smart looking buses :slight_smile:

So there it is my life story… Up until the last few months I was dispising the job, the hours I would be out working and mostly the passengers who where down right rude and would treat you like you where something that they would find on the sole of there shoe.

Since being offered coach driving work, It feels like a entire weight lifted off my sholders that I dont need to do service work anymore around Drumchapel and Easterhouse at 11pm getting bricks tossed at my bus. The bonus is that the new job will work out that Im getting more money than I would be at the large pink company who paid £8.50 per hour… sometimes out doing 11 hour shifts and only getting paid 8 hours. Im now on double time for any work after 7pm - Im happy with that!

DAF95XF:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt … and it’s stuffed firmly at the bottom of the drawer - and will never see the light of day again.

Daf, always remember the first rule of bus driving - you’re wrong. It’s that simple. Doesn’t matter what you do or how you do it - you’re wrong.

I got to the point at the back end where i just didn’t give a ■■■■ about anything to do with the job - and i will never do it again!!

Stan

I have done the bus/coach bit for 10 years mostly its all right we all know that you cant please the public,so just try to get on with it.
I like the few bum holes who tell me that the bus wont go without them!!
They look less than dignified as they run along behind me.

The best ones are kids that have a pass.

Usually people avoid the busy school times as the busses are usually ful of screaming little oiks, but occasionally you’ll get an OAP or disabled / pregnant passenger.

The usual, seat for bum and seat for bag goes on but no one will shift, so I pull up, get out the seat and ask some one to move. Usually get told “My parents have paid for this seat.”, sorry sunshine the bus company pays for the seats and your bag doesnt have a pass, so it’s got to get off. :laughing:

There’s been a couple of lonely bags at bus stops when I’ve driven off, :laughing:

alamcculloch:
I have done the bus/coach bit for 10 years mostly its all right we all know that you cant please the public,so just try to get on with it.
I like the few bum holes who tell me that the bus wont go without them!!
They look less than dignified as they run along behind me.

Hehe, done that before, I was slightly late, and somebody was running to the bus stop, waving at me and me being the friendly person just waved back with a smile :laughing:
Though to be fair, I dont think she wanted my bus, she didnt look old enough to be going to Newbury… :laughing:
But anyway, I dont know what made me want to nut that bloke as I normally just ignore it and carry on…

Darby Flyer:
The best ones are kids that have a pass.

Usually people avoid the busy school times as the busses are usually ful of screaming little oiks, but occasionally you’ll get an OAP or disabled / pregnant passenger.

The usual, seat for bum and seat for bag goes on but no one will shift, so I pull up, get out the seat and ask some one to move. Usually get told “My parents have paid for this seat.”, sorry sunshine the bus company pays for the seats and your bag doesnt have a pass, so it’s got to get off. :laughing:

There’s been a couple of lonely bags at bus stops when I’ve driven off, :laughing:

Try MANPOWER should be some RoyalMail work comming up.
GOOD LUCK.