Bus driving maybe?

Anyone thought about bus driving? Whats the money like anyone knows anything? I mean city bus like arriva,etc Cheers

There’s 4 or 5 of us on here who used to do it and all drive trucks now. I doubt there’s many ex truck drivers on a bus forum.
Long hours, spread over shifts, earlies - middles and late turns.
Money down my way is around £11ph.
Prepare to be shouted at, spat at and just generally ignored by the population you have no choice but to carry around.

m1cks:
Prepare to be shouted at, spat at and just generally ignored by the population you have no choice but to carry around.

you just don’t open the doors simple , back at the depot you just tell em it was really quiet boss :grimacing:

Would rather do livestock work … more manure … but the passengers are more friendly :laughing: I used to handle livestock, so speak from experience :laughing: :laughing:

I drove service bus for 9 years and coaches for 4. I now drive trucks.

My advice?

DON’T DO IT! [emoji38]

Without a doubt the best thing I ever done was leave trucking and get into coaching. Far better money, vehicles and conditions.

You can earn far more money driving Class 1, I drive for poorly paid firm and the local coach company can’t even match the wages. Drive a coach and you’ve got 40+ perfect drivers sat behind you, drive an lorry and its you and the road, stop for a pi55 or a coffee takes minutes stop with a coach full and it takes an hour!

smokinbarrels:
You can earn far more money driving Class 1, I drive for poorly paid firm and the local coach company can’t even match the wages. Drive a coach and you’ve got 40+ perfect drivers sat behind you, drive an lorry and its you and the road, stop for a pi55 or a coffee takes minutes stop with a coach full and it takes an hour!

I earn up to 4k a month driving coaches…not sure where you get your facts from

Sutty111:
I drove service bus for 9 years and coaches for 4. I now drive trucks.

My advice?

DON’T DO IT! [emoji38]

+1, I did it for 2 years, absolute hell.

stagedriver:

smokinbarrels:

I earn up to 4k a month driving coaches…not sure where you get your facts from

No disrespect to yourself but I’ve been in the bus and coach game all my working life and you don’t very often hear of coach drivers earning money like that.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying you don’t but jobs like yours are few and far between. The only time I’ve known people make that sort of money are either killing the hours on national express / stagecoach megabus or continental touring with lots of optionals as well as selling their own refreshments.

For the average Joe who wants some home life and to be home most nights that sorts of pay comes once in a blue moon.

I’ve gone from working a standard 60 hour week Monday to Friday with compulsory every other Saturday in peak season (which could easily be a 15 hour day) on a salary basis, earning £350 on the basic 60 hours to 50 hour weeks where I can choose whether or not to work weekends for £500.

I guess it’s down to personal preference but I’d much rather be sat in a truck on my own without 50+ back seat drivers of which some will moan for the sake of moaning.

I can also kill the hours and earn a load more with the benefit that boxes don’t moan [emoji38]