Bus driver switching to HGV driving

Hi all

I’ve been a bus driver for nearly 5 years and I’ve now come to the point where I don’t want to deal with the public anymore, there’s only so much rude, obnoxious and idiotic people you can take in one lifetime lol.

I had an interview on Friday for a large company in Kent delivering frozen produce to super markets across the South East (including London) in an 18 ton rigid. Happy to say that I passed with flying colours! I’ve got a driving assessment and an multiple choice exam next week then if I pass that… I’m in.

I’ve had my category C since March 2017 (and CPC) and I hope if all goes well to pass my category C+E test and stay on the artics long term, and just keep my category D as a backup.

So… any tips or advice guys?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Watches tumble weed blow across the road

Anyone? lol

Is this thread helpful?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166652

I didn’t comment as you seem to have it sorted. I’m one of the few who really enjoy bus/coach driving and truck driving equally. There’s pros and cons to both. eg, never got a tip from 25 tonnes of coal!

Hope your assessment goes well and dont be afraid to come back and ask questions. Or, of course, ask the assessor.

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing: