Bus & Coach DCPC

I know this is a forum for lorry drivers but does anyone have friend/s who are bus drivers ? as most people will know the bus & coach drivers are no longer able to drive unless they hold a valid DCPC card. This came into effect I think on the 14th September & wonder how many may have been targeted by VOSA. Prior to this date I had the impression VOSA officials would be jumping on & off buses asking drivers to produce their DCPC card. Remember folks we have less than 12 month’s before ours take effect.

Your thought’s please.

The checks are certainly not as regular, or more frequent, as VOSA would have had us all believe a while back.
I don’t think they have the staff or the budget to actually do extra stops just to find out if the driver has a DCPC tick in the box.

I’ve been promised the answer to this question and should be able to let you know tomorrow!

There is a thread on this very subject on the coach drivers forum and it seems that hardly any have been targetted so far

I think a more concentrated effort will be made after 09/09/2014 for both LGV & PCV

There seems to be a “laid back” attitude here where it seems VOSA have to stop you and check to see if you hold the DCPC.

I was wondering, if you had an accident or just got pulled for something else surely this would flag up straight away.
Most people wouldnt drive without a licence or insurance. Most companies wouldnt employ anyone without a licence. So I can`t understand how people can be driving buses now without a DCPC. Surely its the same…

cheekymonkey:
There seems to be a “laid back” attitude here where it seems VOSA have to stop you and check to see if you hold the DCPC.

I was wondering, if you had an accident or just got pulled for something else surely this would flag up straight away.
Most people wouldnt drive without a licence or insurance. Most companies wouldnt employ anyone without a licence. So I can`t understand how people can be driving buses now without a DCPC. Surely its the same…

It should be because the operator can be fined large for allowing a driver without current dcpc to drive

I got pulled in a coach recently.

‘Have you got your CPC?’

‘Yes’

‘Thank you, have a nice day’

I didn’t even get my wallet out.

I or no one I know who drives buses or coaches has been asked for their Dcpc card. Even when they have been stopped for a routine check it’s only tacho’s and maybe licence they are interested in.

My brother in law is a coach driver and neither he nor any other coach driver he knows has been pulled and asked. Bet that won’t be the case next September though for us

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105636