Burning load

The title says it all. What was going through this drivers mind. I very much doubt we will ever know.
Heres the link to the news report.
edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk-dri … -1-5352019

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

He’s probably heard other drivers saying “keep her lit” and took it literally :smiley:

Tractor drivers don’t care.

Looks very agri from that photo. Unless thats there “libary photo” for burning loads.

I wonder if he got fired lol

I’ll get me coat.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Unless it wasn’t strapped down then I can’t see the problem?

youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

Watched a program on the Blaze channel the other night called Highway through Hell, It’s about recovery operators working on the hills around Hope, BC Canada.
One operator was that desperate to get the carriageway clear after a pile up he dragged a tractor unit up onto his flat bed while it was still well alight, smoke was still billowing out the thing as he drove down the road and at one point they had to pull in and chuck snow at it to stop the flames spreading to his recovery motor. I couldn’t decide at the time whither this guy was brave or just a total idiot, I came to the conclusion he was a total moron.

I thought that the DCPC was going to put an end to this sort of thing.

Fire? what ■■■■■■ fire? Jeez, one Gardner engine, even in really good nick, would obliterate half of the County with smoke when starting on a frosty morning and you were guaranteed regular flames fro the exhausts of two stroke Commers.

How did a supposed warrior nation turn into a nation of such worriers?

Well , I suppose it was in England, up here we all have bonfires in our trailers. Otherwise how would we cook the haggis neeps and tatties we have for breakfast lunch and dinner.?

Old John:
Fire? what [zb] fire? Jeez, one Gardner engine, even in really good nick, would obliterate half of the County with smoke when starting on a frosty morning and you were guaranteed regular flames fro the exhausts of two stroke Commers.

How did a supposed warrior nation turn into a nation of such worriers?

Well , I suppose it was in England, up here we all have bonfires in our trailers. Otherwise how would we cook the haggis neeps and tatties we have for breakfast lunch and dinner.?

:laughing: :laughing: And keep the scotch warm.

TiredAndEmotional:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

I was thinking more along the lines of Julie Driscoll and the Brian auger trinity youtu.be/FkCBVZHrstE

peirre:

TiredAndEmotional:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

I was thinking more along the lines of Julie Driscoll and the Brian auger trinity youtu.be/FkCBVZHrstE

Another option! :grimacing:

youtube.com/watch?v=h56bfUxY0PM