Bulmers at Immingham

Does anyone have any experience of working for Bulmers at Immingham? I’m asking because a friend of mine who doesn’t have access to the internet was saying they’re after drivers and he thinking of trying them at some point, even if not right away.

They seem to do a lot of Norfolk Line traliers so I presume the job is similar to what I do for another ferry freight company, ie run back and forth to Immingham/Felixstowe, out all week or most of it and pretty much left to get on with things your own way with little interference from the office as you’re in direct contact with the customer, ie Norfolk Line in this case.

Apparently they are nicking everybody elses work by undercutting the rates.(like they do)They are definately expanding on a large scale on the containers anyway.
Lucy’s probably the one in the know.

You won’t be in direct contact with the customer, their office deal with all that. Pretty much the same as all their other yards (search for the older threads), although it’s this particular bunch of funny buggers who were responsible for “blackballing” us on the Exxtor Terminal because they reckoned we’d nicked “their” work. :unamused:

They’re expanding at an insane rate with (if the grapevine is to be believed) not a lot behind them. Make of that what you will. :wink:

I think enough has already been said! They certainly do seem to be expanding at a very fast rate of knots and we’ve all seen how fast such companies can potentially fold as well.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

I thought they were being backed by a loan from the yorkshire development group or some government body to bring work to the masses.

The man in charge at Immingham is John Brown a good bloke.

The rate is £6.50 per hour with an £18 per shift allowance on nights.
o/t after 9? i think.

They have some Renault autos Scanias and Volvos.