Bullying toxic harassment

I am on the receiving end of constant harassment and abuse from a certain group who are accusing me of being a troll. And I think that this is making trucknet an unpleasant toxic place. I’d like this to be looked at.

I’m not going to name who is dishing out this abuse -but if the moderators or site management wish to look I’m sure they can work it out. I don’t see why everything I post should have people telling me I’m a troll - this is unacceptable and is nothing more than abuse and bullying. My biggest crime seems to be that I am slightly different to those members. I can only conclude they are jealous.

I’ve posted information for jobs on the newbie board. To help other drivers. And I’ve been accused of lying about the wages offered. When I’ve provided evidence I’ve had my integrity further besmirched and have been told I’m falsifying documents. I’ve been called a liar on a number of times simply for trying to help people.

I am now being told I am a fantasist or someone who posts under different usernames: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=156898&start=30 I signed up for this website nearly 5 years ago - with an email address which includes my name. If any of the moderators were to search that name (taking the 1 off the end) they would find evidence I am who I claim to be.

If I were to follow members around making unfounded accusations repeatedly I’d expect to be reprimanded. I request that moderators look into this and apply the forum rules to members who want to act in this horrendous way.

Regards

Sam

Ah come on Sammy, you’re obviously a smart cookie who is undoubtedly big and ugly enough to give back in spades whatever anyone throws at you. I’m prepared to accept at face value most of what you post but I draw the line at believing that you’re offended by something that an anonymous internet user has written. Like me you’re ex military so to use a military expression I believe that you are merely firing for effect here!

I do think that you are different btw, but I admire that in a person so please carry on as you are.

Moaster - you are right I am not losing sleep or crying myself to sleep. You have hit the nail on the head there.

The thing is there is a time and a place for some banter. And I’m not sure some people get it. It’s one thing in bullies bar someone saying you are a walt and you have a thousand alias’. Yeah that’s fine - whatever. But in the past I have been trying to offer people genuine help and have had certain individuals come in with the same boring old clap trap. This just deflects from positive things about the site.

I also get it’s hard to know when people are on a wind up. But who really cares? If someone wants to post that they are leaving the sas to want to become a dustcart driver is that really such a big issue?

Finally mate - there is one other thing I don’t like. This sort of negativity stamps out interesting conversation. If people didn’t get aggravation I’d be more than happy to discuss other things I’ve done - and plans I have. Maybe some bloke who was thinking about hanging up his keys was thinking about uni. Do you really think people will want to pop there head up if they get stick for it?

I’ve deleted the entire thread, one it isn’t really a topic we want on trucknetuk, acronyms of swear words may have been funny in the 1960s Carry On films, or in the school playground, but amongst lorry drivers, no.

And two, I read the posts, you Sammym, gave as good as you got.

The end…

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

+1
id hope it was…unfortunately i dont think so?? :smiley:

It is the end as far as I’m concerned. Every acronym spelled a word that would be auto censored, by definition they were auto censor dodges and should not be posted. The rest of the arguing and bickering by all parties was not only juvenile, but it was a clear breach of the attack the post, not the poster rule. It’s all in the T&Cs that you accept when you join. It’s not up for discussion, which is why this thread is now locked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk