Bulldog International

Buzzer:
This was posted on long dep.soton thread and i remember when they were in Belgrave road,as were Mammoth who became Bulldog.STS also had a yard the other end and i believe Trebor transport also and that was a bloody long time ago,cheers Buzzer.

Hi John,

Louis Bull’s Volvo was driven by Jimmy James R.I.P, Stuart’s (Nig Eurohaul) dad lovely bloke do anything for you, here’s another one of Louis Bull’s driver was a guy called Terry.

Angie and I towed this back from the South of France after it had been left at an IVECO dealer when it had broken down,got as far as Paris before the police stopped us, we were towing it with an artic with 23 ton of Alessio tubi out of Turin :blush: I think Gazzer came out with Louis in the Joker and finished the journey

Hi Sling,

Hope you and Dad are ok,trying to sort out some pics of Chad,can’t read the reg on this one but it was taken in the winter of 1980 the year the Frejus opened.

Regards
Richard

:frowning: hi to all my old friends who i used to work with on bulldog,just to let you all know that i have after 50yrs in the industry finally decided to hang up my boots due to ill health,i have had a great time and made some wounderfull friends,i know i am going to miss a lot of you,but hay ive got the internet,so all is not lost,FRANK,IAN AND DEREK TOPHAM a special groupe of lads and true friends and always will be, also JOHN WARD who im still in touch with,thanks for everything john,kenny fisher great mate,im really sorry if ive missed some of you out.good luck for the future all of you on this thread that read it.(A SAD DAY FOR ME) :cry: :cry: :cry: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:Sorry if ive missed some of your names out,but they will come back to me,a real big thanks to JED/PAULand MAGGIE D keep in touch lads and the rest of you that know me. :sunglasses:

Don’t know if this has been on b4

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK FOR 2015 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink: :wink:

Thanks to Tribsa for reminding me about this thread.
As most of the photos on here have disappeared, here’s more of Ian Tophams.

nice to see some lads still look at this thread,hi mappo my old mucker, those photos bring back happy memories mate, ian my old mate has got hundreds of photos of bulldog and mammoth trucks, i did have them in my possession at one time but could not get them uploaded on to this site for some unknown reason,i have not heard from any of the lads that used to drive for John Ward and i know that there were some good tales to be told,but no one seems to bother any more,such is life,last person i heard from was Jed and that was some time ago,anyway to all of you that worked with me in those day,id like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New year for 2016,and lets not forget those who are not with us anymore. HAPPY DAYS EVERYONE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi all just wondering if any of you bulldog guys were in calais in the big strike early eighties i was parked next to 2 gd ol boys 5days strike many beers were sunk but sadly cant remember the names gr8 days :smiley:

Hi Steve Jones, i never did work for Mammoth / Bulldog, but knew many of their drivers.

I was also in Calais during the drivers blockade, i was there for 2 or 3 days…cant remember now.
I was driving for Solstor at the time on fridges and i remember we were concerned about running out of fuel in the fridges.

One of Ian Tophams pics…

ye mappo snds about right i also had gout at the time i was due on next ferry home as they blocked linkspan only thing for pain was vino collapso which made gout worse lol pulled few new solstor fridges up from alzira while on mckellars gd ol days :smiley:

Must be some ex Mammoth/ Bulldog drivers who look at this site. I only worked for them for about six months in 1989.

Chad, Frank Topham (his son Derek), Steve Maybe, Phil Derrick, Dale Martin?

This was taken outside the Shell at Chalon (South).

Good times though.

th_29-10-2008200122-2-1.jpg

Hi Jed,

They,ve been mentioned on Old Southampton Hauliers thread mate

GEL ON

Bev Wyatt drove that Scania 142 for Bulldog back then AKA Papa Bulldog, Anyone remember Bev■■? He now works for Wincanton at Felixstowe…

I took over the Scania from Bev, thinking about it, it was probably 1990/ early 91 that I was with them.

Great laugh Bev, lived down towards Poole if I remember correctly.

:sunglasses: hi jed, hope you appreciated driving a super truck, as far as im concerned there has never been a better truck built,even by todays standards. what a machine she was and never missed a beat in all the time i drove her. i have lost contact with dereck topaham,would be nice to hear from him again,as for his dad frank,i hear he is not to well at the moment, have heard his lungs are playing him up, poor old frank, we used to work for eric baker in the early days on the heavy haulage,so have known frank a long time. it would be nice to hear from some of the other mates from bulldog, we had such a scream on there,as for john ward,i must say he was one of the best, and new him from the louis bull days, right up till the present day, and did a bit for him out of felixstowe till i had a heart attack, but im up and running now and have had the all clear from the qwacks. so jed if you know any of the old sqadron tell them to get in touch, best regards papabulldog.BEV.

:laughing: names to remember jed, john rushbridge, tony osman frank topham(big boy)dereck topham phil dereck, dale martin,steve maybe,scotty,(what a worrier)and a few more but cant remember thier nam,es right now, have been in contact with frank and is holding his own at the moment but not realy well at all, like frank said they were the best days ever,and we all had a laugh together, stay lucky mate, (maffia man,give me forty acres to turn this rig around)bev. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :blush: :blush: :blush:

hi their i brought a renault turboliner G394 XBK left hand driver of then it was a v8 one good truck

Hello Bev,
I worked with Dale & Phil on C A Stevens (Grateley). Phil still does some work for Graham now that he doesn’t run his own trucks anymore.

A couple of names I remember are Bob Chalker & Ronnie …? (an older bloke with white hair), both came from Winchester.

Were you still on when Stevens was pulling Bulldog trailers? The drivers were Mick O’Brian & Terry Charlton from Salisbury.

was this one its sister :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: