bulkers

just a question for you lot if you don’t mind.

some of you may know that i drive a 23 ton rigid tipper with hiab doing multidrop around the southeast delivering bags and loose loads of soil and garden products to private addresses mostly.
i am getting a bit cheesed of with it now and to be honest i’ve only been doing it to get that vital experience on the road.
anyway i’ve approached a few artic operators in my area trying to get my foot in the door. i have had an assesment for a company in my area and they said in july they have a driver leaving and that if i can wait they will give me a start driving a 6x2 globetrotter pulling bulkers full of grain

i was talking to an artic driver the other day and mentioned about aforesaid job offer, this drivers words were: “been there done that and would never do that again” i wanted to ask him why but just then the forkie turned up to tip him and i never got the chance.
what is so bad about bulkers apart from sweeping them out and the obvious hazards with uneven ground etc i would have assumed it to be a good job, one or two drops a day, no handball, bit of hanging around and 2 or 3 nights out a week neither of which bother me in the slightest, what could be so bad?
any feedback appreciated guys and gals
mat

You will be starting on the grain in the busiest time of the year (harvest).

The phone will never stop ringing to find out where you are or if your tipped.
You will be driving flat out all the time to get the work done.
In my experience its a dirty job.
Its a love it or hate it kind of job, you dont get much time to sit down and have a proper break, you are tearing about for the whole shift, and squeezing breaks in where you can when you are tipping.

End of the day the jobs what you make it, myself i was on gen haulage for years then went onto bulkers and loved it , would not go back to general now.
It can at times be a dirty job, and you seem to be for ever cleaning out the cab, even with all the windows shut the dust still seems to get in, but it has its up side as well, no handballing loads, no being blown all over the motorway in high winds, no multidrops just load and go so i have to agree with Gurner its a love it or hate it job like anything else, so give it a go and see what you think.