Bulk tipping jobs

Hi,

Can anyone tell me a bit about companies like bulmans bulk? Pay and what the work is like?

Thanks

Bulmans are paid in a rather strange way as far as I’m aware. From what I can gather they get low basic then £10 each for tipping and loading plus so much a mile?!? So if your face fits and you get on with the job they’ll give you the miles but if you’re a plodder and stopping for breaks/food too often get treat a bit like ■■■■. They do mega mileage, sometimes driving al day and not tipping a load, so the potential is there to earn but like I say the blue eyed boys get the pick of the work.

Me personally I wouldn’t like to work like that as you never know if you’re being screwed by them. Average wage for tippers will be nothing startling £7.50-8 basic and anywhere from £10-12 overtime. Also you’ll be expected to take breaks if you’re sat in a queue for 3 hours which is my opinion is fair enough, can’t wait in a queue for 3 hours then pull out and have a 45, gotta be on!!

Matt.

Thanks very much for your info. The seem to have good kit out of all the bulkers I have seen. Cheers

mrhankey:
Thanks very much for your info. The seem to have good kit out of all the bulkers I have seen. Cheers

If you call space cab Daf’s good kit lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I do bulk tipping work and prefer it, however we are slightly different in that it isnt completely general haulage in that we usually only work for 2 linked companies exclusively. I get paid hourly …basic rate for 1st 8 hours then time and half after that.

Most bulk firms have decent top spec vehicles with higher end hp…most of the time you will be running at or close to the max 44t limit…even with the biggest engine that means you aint gonna be first off at the lights…however when empty you will give the sales rep in his Beemer a run for his money until you hit the limiter.

Its often dusty dirty work and you can struggle to keep the cab clean at times. Also involves farm work that can be both muddy (or worse) and smelly.
Lots of other drivers with inferior curtainsided trailers wil look down their noses at you in the misguided impresion that they are better than you :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks, I am in a pickle as at moment paid by the hour and make a good wage, the only thing is I am not getting the nights out and when I do it suits me and the Mrs. I am a bit confused about how you are paid as its tip, load and 90k travelled. So my understanding is you should make a decent amount as you will do a few k’s I reckon at least?

What I want to do but want to make sure I can take home what I need in a bulk tipping job.

Cheers