Bulk grain/feed drivers

to anyone delivering to wynnstays in llansantffraid powys, if traveling from shrewsbury via ford A458 then the B4393 four crosses to llansantffraid the narrow river bridge in the village now has a 18T mgw limit on it now. :frowning:
weight limit is only posted on the bridge itself.

That will be a lot of inconvenience to you boys ? Easier to put a weight limit on it, than uprate it I suppose. You’ve heard of the song " Ferry across the Mersey " ? Now it’s time for ferry across the Vyrnwy ? Lol.

You wouldn’t think that we lived in the 21st century, would you ?

Mike Lewis:

In times past they’d build a bigger and better bridge because it guaranteed better trade and local employment. These days you’d get the NIMBY’S and the local shopkeepers complaining about the disruption, the BRAKE movement saying that no lorries should be on the road anyway, the conservationists whittling about the newts and snails that would be displaced, and apart from that any budget set aside for said bridge would be swallowed up in endless planning meetings, site meetings and consultancy fees. Few local residents would support anything that keeps a feed mill near that area because it’s now all gone upmarket and they all work in posh offices in Shrewsbury .

Sticking up half a dozen signs is cheaper and achieves the same result.

gnasty gnome:

Mike Lewis:

In times past they’d build a bigger and better bridge because it guaranteed better trade and local employment. These days you’d get the NIMBY’S and the local shopkeepers complaining about the disruption, the BRAKE movement saying that no lorries should be on the road anyway, the conservationists whittling about the newts and snails that would be displaced, and apart from that any budget set aside for said bridge would be swallowed up in endless planning meetings, site meetings and consultancy fees. Few local residents would support anything that keeps a feed mill near that area because it’s now all gone upmarket and they all work in posh offices in Shrewsbury .

Sticking up half a dozen signs is cheaper and achieves the same result.

Ahh, but if there’s no advance warning, can hardly turn an artic round there, so over you go :unamused:

waynedl:
Ahh, but if there’s no advance warning, can hardly turn an artic round there, so over you go :unamused:

That’s what ■■■■■■ me off about a lot of weight limits… no alternative route signposted. I can appreciate that some bridges just can’t be rebuilt without a lot of hassles, or even at all if they’re listed structures; after all our ancestors weren’t likely to be aware that we’d be running 44 tonne lorries nowadays! But as you rightly say if there’s nowhere safe or convenient to spin round when you hit the weight limit you’ve got little option other than to go ahead and risk the consequences.

They might not be able to afford to upgrade the bridge, but I bet they can afford the plod to keep an eye on it !. Next thing … CCTV

Mike Lewis:
They might not be able to afford to upgrade the bridge, but I bet they can afford the plod to keep an eye on it !. Next thing … CCTV

unfortunatly this could be a easy targetfor them with the amount of lorrys going into/and out of wynnstays

:slight_smile: Yes, watch this space. The local Magistrates Court will be getting a boost soon.

pain in the neck for general haulers , but can wynnstays get exemption permit discs from the council ? got a 7.5 t limit in Langport, Somerset & because we were a local hauler engaged on farm deliveries & used the town mill we had tax disc sized exemption passes from the local council.

hi mike and all when did they put limit was it beging of dec.did not see any thing week last friday.

seafrog, sorry to hijack thread that wasnt you in the Wynnstays 8 wheeler loading out of Oakes new shed at Prees t’other day was it?

Cheers for that mate will try and tell our other drivers as i used to come in that way

charliemjp:
hi mike and all when did they put limit was it beging of dec.did not see any thing week last friday.

limit was put up sometime friday 2/12/11

toowise:
seafrog, sorry to hijack thread that wasnt you in the Wynnstays 8 wheeler loading out of Oakes new shed at Prees t’other day was it?

no it wasnt sorry not been to that one yet

sea frog:

toowise:

Youve been lucky then , they started making the blends there but theyre not quite up to speed yet…slow isnt the word for them at the moment !

thanks sea frog, got lianfechain site tommorow .i reckon its 15 mins quicker ford way. they put good round about 4 crosses now cannot use it. used to be in wynnstay when i was at albert davies, still see dia and john brought wheat in minsterly last week. thanks

toowise:

sea frog:

toowise:

Youve been lucky then , they started making the blends there but theyre not quite up to speed yet…slow isnt the word for them at the moment !

was it a 03 daf

sea frog:

toowise:

sea frog:

toowise:

was it a 03 daf

Definately a DAF didnt notice the reg, IIRC the same guy was in Aston mill on Friday (or Thursday cant remember, age is getting to me :smiley: )

toowise:

sea frog:

toowise:

sea frog:

toowise:

was it a 03 daf

Definately a DAF didnt notice the reg, IIRC the same guy was in Aston mill on Friday (or Thursday cant remember, age is getting to me :smiley: )

could be the new chap middle aged fella (not actualy met him) works out of outher mills in a 03 daf quite shiney recently re-sprayed ex massey feeds lorry

sea frog:

toowise:

sea frog:

toowise:

sea frog:

toowise:

was it a 03 daf

could be the new chap middle aged fella (not actualy met him) works out of outher mills in a 03 daf quite shiney recently re-sprayed ex massey feeds lorry

Sounds like the bloke I saw, looked about 50 ish bit thin on top, bit like the rest of us :smiley: