Bulk Carriers and SFX

Hi all. Still looking for information and chasing that Canadian Dream.

I’ve been given details of Bulk Carriers and SFX (formerly Sea food express) both out of Prince Edward Island.

Any info on these and what they are like?

Been told they will even assist with paying for CDL.

Thanks

Semtex:
Hi all. Still looking for information and chasing that Canadian Dream.

I’ve been given details of Bulk Carriers and SFX (formerly Sea food express) both out of Prince Edward Island.

Any info on these and what they are like?

Been told they will even assist with paying for CDL.

Thanks

Might help to put your question on there but it’s gone quiet there past few years looks like sadly!!!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Hi I know both companies pretty well I have lived here for 15 years.
They are not the best companies in the World has to be said but they are a way into Canada. They will sort immigration out for you and training to get your licence. You do have to sign a one year contract and it will be a long year. Despite what their information says they are much better than they used to be. When I was at SFX you were purely paid miles and nothing else. But I believe you do get waiting time now. I enjoyed working at Seafood for 6 years but having said that I was a little different in the fact I already had my Permanent Residence as I am married to a Canadian. So they had no hold as such but they were a good bunch then. Not sure about now as they have changed a lot
since the son Andy has taken over as CEO. Don’t know as much about Bulk but they are pretty much the same. One good thing about both is you do get good equipment trucks are changed every 3 years maintenance and roadside assistance is good.
Make sure moving here is what you really want do as much research as you can its not easy the first years are tough.

1 Like