Bulk Artic tipper-driving tips etc

Little info guys as in a few weeks I could be swapping my curtain sider trailer for a bulk tipper trailer , with same firm doing aggregates
Is there tips for me and any major things to watch out for ?
And yes firm will give me training , but it don’t hurt to ask on here as well

New pastures

youtu.be/rMqw67CRkzA

here you go mate, watch this, all you need to know… :wink:

Power lines, power lines, power lines. What type of trailer, chassis or tip over axle? Which ever, firm, level ground, particularly got TOA, and power lines.
Make sure the product in the front is “flowing” before going all the way up. Gravel is usually okay but soil and clay can get stuck. You’ll be right, it’s really just common sense, but watch power lines and other less deadly, overhead obstacles.

How much is class 1 tipper pay per hour? Can’t be that much I see them tipper drivers rushing everywhere all the time, can’t wait to get home maybe or just the money so good it doesn’t matter 1 hour more or less

ETS:
How much is class 1 tipper pay per hour? Can’t be that much I see them tipper drivers rushing everywhere all the time, can’t wait to get home maybe or just the money so good it doesn’t matter 1 hour more or less

Don’t know and I’m salaried any way
What I do know I won’t be working late on a Friday or tipping at 8pm in a Asda RDC like I do on curtain siders

New pastures

Star down under.:
Power lines, power lines, power lines. What type of trailer, chassis or tip over axle? Which ever, firm, level ground, particularly got TOA, and power lines.
Make sure the product in the front is “flowing” before going all the way up. Gravel is usually okay but soil and clay can get stuck. You’ll be right, it’s really just common sense, but watch power lines and other less deadly, overhead obstacles.

You didn’t mention power lines [emoji6]
I’m not that stupid

New pastures

blue estate:
[You didn’t mention power lines [emoji6]
I’m not that stupid

You’d think that but wait until it starts getting dark in an afternoon. I took out a phone line going between the pole and the office block at one place when pulling forward whilst tipping some ■■■■■■■■, you couldn’t see either the pole or the cable.

Conor:

blue estate:
[You didn’t mention power lines [emoji6]
I’m not that stupid

You’d think that but wait until it starts getting dark in an afternoon. I took out a phone line going between the pole and the office block at one place when pulling forward whilst tipping some ■■■■■■■■, you couldn’t see either the pole or the cable.

[emoji23][emoji23]
I use to do kerb side recycling for Worthing BC and we used top loaders , those bin lifts went up quite high which was a pain on the roads with lots of bungalows on as the phone line in the area where my round was were all over head being mostly 1930’s built houses or the trees [emoji15][emoji15]

New pastures

blue estate:

Star down under.:

You didn’t mention power lines [emoji6]
I’m not that stupid

New pastures

I’m not remotely suggesting you are BE, hence the common sense remark. I cannot overstress the hazards of overhead obstacles, wires particularly can be easily unnoticed or difficult to see and accurately reference height and distance.
It’s also far too easy to take into account overhead obstructions then while moving and focusing on the discharge, to lose focus of anything overhead, even if it was previously taken into account.
Another trap for young players, is tipping in a building. When backing just through a doorway to tip, rolling forward to discharge, leave enough space for the bin to come down.

make sure the ground is level where you are tipping and tip in a straight line, make sure the load is in centre of the box( not too much too one side as load may stick at front if not level and one sided load may push it over
beware of weighbridges as some can be tight
find out what weight you can carry and on a a4 sheet of paper write on it the weight and show the shovel driver it then he knows how much you want.
if your unsure when at a loading point or drop of point then ask ask ask, i know lads that have loaded wrong material and had too go tip off and rejoin the q to load the correct stuff, and lads that have tipped loads in the wrong bays which ■■■■■■ concrete plant and ashpalt plant operators off.

OIP.jpg

I wouldn’t have thought it possible to drive with the tipper raised without the driver noticing it but this happens quite often in the US. If the driver didn’t see the body up I wonder if he felt the jolt when it got snapped off ? :unamused:

remy:

I wouldn’t have thought it possible to drive with the tipper raised without the driver noticing it but this happens quite often in the US. If the driver didn’t see the body up I wonder if he felt the jolt when it got snapped off ? :unamused:

Clearly checks his mirrors then.

Have a look at “Except for Access” on you tube, he does bulk tippers. Quite amusing too.