Builth Wells

First the bad news; though regulars may already know this. The toilets on Builth Wells lorry park, by the river, are shut for a few weeks for upgrading. I believe there are alternative toilets in the town.

And now, the good news; Powys County Council (for I presume it is they) are putting showers into the new set-up. I was parked there on Tuesday night, builders were still there and I got a sneak preview. Looks a decent set-up, with proper tiled walls and not the horrible vandal-proof metal stuff; I believe the cost will be two quid, and AFAIK they will be available 24/7.

Nice to see a council investing money into providing drivers with facilities. I’ll try and get some pics up as and when they’re finished, along with more info.

Update, sorry for the delay. Showers are now working; not tested them personally but look good. Think it’s either a quid or two quid.

It’s actually been done by Builth Wells Town Council, so credit to them for the initiative.

Good to know cheers .

Will also be for the many mountain bikers and walkers that visit the area

showers are ok, room is massive thus is cold when getting your kit off, shower could do with aiming a little higher, but all in all better thank msa’s.