builders merchants

hi all
i am new on here is there any builders merchant drivers on here ? :smiley:

Yes, doing timber & builder merchants in rural west Wales…

Ex- builders merchants and civil engineering suppliers.

Yeah I work for Jewsons, not the best but it’s a job

i work for travis perkins.

one of the easiest jobs i have ever had.

Done plenty of it in my time, only problem with it is you generally have to deal with builders, who are never at site and never know where they want their delivery put. Apart from that it’s not usually that many drops and very little effort.

Used to be a Jewson driver. managed 1 whole year before I jacked.
The work was great I loved it but as usual its the sales monkeys in the office that made the job harder!

There are quite a lot of merchants on here. :wink:

I hope this helps.

msgyorkie:
Used to be a Jewson driver. managed 1 whole year before I jacked.
The work was great I loved it but as usual its the sales monkeys in the office that made the job harder!

you should have gave the job a chance :laughing: :grimacing:

I used to work for TP good job if your left alone to get on with it.
I wasn’t :imp: so i left.
And they rip lttle old ladies off :imp:

We do a lot of bulk loose sand and gravel for Jewsons: They tell their customer any old crap and when you can’t get into a private address the customer will whine the obligatory “But Jewsons’ said you can do it!” I’ve spread shingle down drives only for customers to complain it’s not level, it’s not as white as the sample (let it dry you twit), you haven’t brought enough…And Jewsons’ rarely leave a contact number so the load gets dumped where it’s convenient for me not the absent customer (love to see their faces when they come home to find their drive/garage blocked up) :smiling_imp:

Muckaway:
We do a lot of bulk loose sand and gravel for Jewsons: They tell their customer any old crap and when you can’t get into a private address the customer will whine the obligatory “But Jewsons’ said you can do it!” I’ve spread shingle down drives only for customers to complain it’s not level, it’s not as white as the sample (let it dry you twit), you haven’t brought enough…And Jewsons’ rarely leave a contact number so the load gets dumped where it’s convenient for me not the absent customer (love to see their faces when they come home to find their drive/garage blocked up) :smiling_imp:

Mmmmmmmm job satisfaction.

spanker:
i work for travis perkins.

one of the easiest jobs i have ever had.

i take it you’ve been to lime grove cheadle then with an artic… :open_mouth:

good lord its tight getting in … :grimacing:

i work for jewson too its a right doddle ,the money is ok and they just let us get on with our drops :open_mouth:

DaveIDS:
Yeah I work for Jewsons, not the best but it’s a job

i recall going into lime grove by the church yard end , the council put an iron post on the corner to stop us cutting over the curb . i got in ok , but coming outi couldn’t turn left because of the usual (zb ) parked opposite , so i turned right and ripped the post out with the underrun bar . next time i went in the boss thanked me , cheers , dave