Builder`s merchant deliveries

:smiley: :slight_smile:

NathanB:

kemaro:
I work for a builders merchants and there is nothing more annoying than not being able to get in & out your own yard because some arrogant t…t has decided to block it to get tipped as he feels more important …

This. Grain hauliers with no work bring our type 1 and flint in and then moan and whinge when at the end of the day, we’re on our washdown and they want to use it. They come in before 7am when we’re queuing for the weighbridge to tare us in; walk down the line of lorries expecting us all to move.
Here’s an idea; Follow the site rules or [zb] off. Simples.

Am i missing something here - why would you be queuing for the weighbridge,in your quarry ,in company vehicles to “tare in” :confused:

We have to tare in everytime we come in. Stupid I know but one of our bridges is a public weighbridge so they stick to the rules.

NathanB:
We have to tare in everytime we come in. Stupid I know but one of our bridges is a public weighbridge so they stick to the rules.

Does seem a bit daft imo.Your tare must be logged into the weighbridge with the reg isnt it?

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Does seem a bit daft imo.Your tare must be logged into the weighbridge with the reg isnt it?

Yep. It has barely changed in the 7 years I’ve had my lorry. Only about 100 kgs more since the weigher and a few bits of wing were replaced due to rot.

NathanB:

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Yep. It has barely changed in the 7 years I’ve had my lorry. Only about 100 kgs more since the weigher and a few bits of wing were replaced due to rot.

Where’s “Muckaway” !! Dennis.

Bewick:

NathanB:

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Here’s around here somewhere…

NathanB:

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Dont forget to allow a few extra kilos for the “middle age spread” :wink: :smiley:

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Dont forget to allow a few extra kilos for the “middle age spread” :wink: :smiley:

As soon as the new wagon arrives with auto tailgate…

NathanB:

Bewick:

NathanB:

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Changed his name by “deed poll” obviously !!! Or the Mods have removed the cheeky ■■■■ from the site more like !!! Dennis.

NathanB:
Grain hauliers with no work bring our type 1 and flint in and then moan and whinge when at the end of the day, we’re on our washdown and they want to use it. They come in before 7am when we’re queuing for the weighbridge to tare us in; walk down the line of lorries expecting us all to move.
Here’s an idea; Follow the site rules or [zb] off. Simples.

Grain hauliers WITH work bring your stone in and then load grain from that area to deliver back in the same area as the stone is picked up from… Good practice, I would say :unamused:

Consistency would help too! On the Quarry rules thread you’re moaning and mithering about all the rules, then on here you’re saying follow the rules or do one… make your bloody mind up! You’re about as antagonistic and bad-tempered as your alter ego was/is… Take a chill pill, for god’s sake. Life is far too short… :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

NathanB:

Bewick:

NathanB:

Suedehead:

NathanB:

Changed his name by “deed poll” obviously !!! Or the Mods have removed the cheeky [zb] from the site more like !!! Dennis.

Bit of a poser this one. Dont reckon its muckaway . he hasnt mentioned “my dad said” for a while.

Suedehead:
Bit of a poser this one. Dont reckon its muckaway . he hasnt mentioned “my dad said” for a while.

Its the same fella. Muckaway had to go and stand in the Naughty Corner for a while… Watch this space though, he is reverting to type… :smiley: :wink:

Re the grain hauliers bringing our stone in, yes good idea but some of them assume we should move off our wash bay so they can washout. If I’m on the wash (not very often) I let them on. If they pull up blow their horn or sit there revving their engine then I take a bit longer.
Still can’t understand those that start tipping and then get out to undo the tailgate…crazy.

Delievered to many builders merchants, also worked at one too. No issues what so ever, sooner tip there than at a big rdc any day.

Saaamon:
No issues what so ever, sooner tip there than at a big rdc any day.

What he said. Used to backload paving slabs out of Calne when I was with Owens, only ever had one issue with a jobsworth at some B&Q up Caerphilly way; next time I went back there he’d been sacked, apparently used to work for the council and couldn’t cope with the job! :smiley:

As others have said it can be a bind if they insist on loading their own lorries before tipping you, but that’s not confined to BM work.

Grab the free coffee when you can get it.

Not really had any problems with merchant delieveries, if they take too long to tip me i just fire up the crane and tip myself :smiley:

I had one recentley at a Merchants in Margate, its was Friday lunchtime and thought i could get a quick tip then head to the seafront for an hour or so before heading home :sunglasses: I pull up and theres a small local firm artic flat with ton bags of sand being tipped. Yard foreman on the forklift clears the truck in no time, probrably about ten minutes tops, but then spends another half hour 45 mins gassing with the driver :imp:

Finally he leaves and i pull in, but instead of tipping me straightaway the foremen decides he’s got better things to do, completly ignores me for about twenty minutes and disappears so i fire up the crane and and unload the blocks either side of the truck, only had twenty packs so didnt take long. Im just strapping the crane down when the Foreman reappears, looking slightly miffed :smiling_imp: “Your not supposed to unload yourself your supposed to wait for me” he grumbled “Sorry mate, i guessed you were busy so i thought i’d help you out, sign here please” was my reply. He signed my ticket and i left, he wasnt very happy, neither was i, didnt have time to go to the beach in the end :frowning:

I’ve noticed that if I take a load of sharp sand to a merchants, their JCB/Bobcat is always parked in the empty bay. Why not park it infront of a bay that’s been filled?