Bugs and issues - UPDATED 18th Feb

Quick update

Image problems
We have adapted the template for three forums ,Where am I, Photo and Old Timers as these are the image heavy forums, these can now “spread” to allow large images.

This will not be implemented on any other forums so dont bother asking :wink: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:

We are looking to build some code that will automaticaly convert old posts that have HTML image links to the BB code thats needed on here, We have a small fix in pace now but it doesnt convert every post,In the mean time Denis F has gone through many many posts and manually converted them

Phantom Grey box
Is a minor but annoying issue , and is on the “to do” list

Passwords
I am working my way through the mails of guys who have forgotten their passwords, Hold tight I will get to you !
UPDATE
All password problems notified to me by e-mail have had their password reset, please check your e-mails - If we have requested that you re-register and you are using a free e-mail address such as Hotmail or Gmail ensure you put in the Occupation box the word DRIVER or the spam filter may delete the registration

Google adverts
I now have the contact in charge of the Google account and will be getting certain adverts removed from here, In the mean time I have had the entire Google ad code removed

I dont intend this to seem rude, But this change/upgrade is not reversible…
We HAD to upgrade the forums to the latest version as there is a well known security issue that we could not patch on the outdated version.

The adverts are also not negotiable - RBI is a publishing company like any company they exist to make a profit, we dont charge to use you TruckNet UK and make revenue from people who want to advertise their products to you- if the adverts bother you too much there are free advert blockers you can down load, and the firefox browser also will block them. It is worth remembering that the money from those adverts do give you benefits, at the party there will be money behind the bar, and we will be at Truckfest Peterborough providing a free hospitality area for members.

Change is never easy, and with an upgrade from the psoition we started at is technically difficult, Techman has worked his socks off to get this up and running, and to be honest the few (albeit annoying )bugs we have are minor considering we could have lost every single post. Brian also managed to do the upgrade very late at night to reduce disruption and completed 5 hours quicker than we thought.

A lot of effort had gone into this , and thought to balance your requirements with the requirements of the website owners - have we got it perfect? of course not but we are trying extremly hard to give you the website within the restrictions of it having to be a viable title within RBI’s portfolio

Thank you for the update, much appreciated. :smiley: :smiley:
Stu

I can’t begin to imagine how much hard work Brian, Denis F and the rest of The Team have put in to the site this week but many, many thanks to all of you, you have done a brilliant job. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the update.
And thanks to you and your team for all your hard work, much appreciated. :wink:

Further update - 15/2/2009

The main work this week has been on behind the scenes hidden modifications. We have done some tidying up of announcements etc and this will continue.

Please note the forum rules have been slightly amended and continued posting on these forums is subject to all complying to and agreeing with the changes

The phantom grey box graphic bug…
Is still on the “To do list”
Medium priority

Inactive accounts
All inactive accounts in the database (except those banned or suspended) are now activated. If you cant log in for any reason check your registration has gone through by trying to re-register with the same e-mail address.
Done

Search
The search facility isnt properly searching the entire database, this is being looked into.
High Priority

Chat
We are looking for a modification that will show active chat users at the bottom of the forum index page
Medium priority

HTML
This is still be worked on, some code has been changed manually.
Medium priority

Additional BB codes
On the list
Low priority

Additional Smilies
on list
Low priority

Our priority over the next few weeks is going to be on the new front page and adding additional features there, (It will look a bit bland to start with) and getting the search feature here properly indexing and reporting

Thanks for the update

Pleased to see you’ve given the search facility high priority, you don’t realise how much you will miss something until it’s not working properly :astonished:

Update 16th Feb

The search issue seems to be quite complex, Techman is working on it,

We will probably have to take the entire forum offline to completly reindex the whole database, this may take a couple of hours. The plan is to do this in the early hours to minimise disruption

UPDATE 18th FEB
Yesterday Techman concerntrated on sorting some of the chatroom problems.

Number of rooms
Now instead of a myriad of rooms we have 3, Public, Family and Bullys Bar, we expect Public to be the one most people use and when you log into chat this is where you will enter.

Kick out
People were getting kicked out after 5 minutes of inactivity, this has been extended to 60 minutes

The chatroom is now tied into the forum membership database, you may have to log into the forums before you can use all the chatroom features

chat users displayed on forums
This is still being worked on- But is on the “To Do” list