Budapest

Made it to prague with no issues :slight_smile: Thansk for info
Now i head for Budapest and will be passing through slovakia.
Any info on tolls etc appreciated.

Meant to ask if i want to do a overnight as i prob will have other work to do in the morning where is the safest place to do it hungary or slovakia ?

on the hungarian side of the border for parking. hungary is prety safe.
you’ll need a vignette. i usually get 10 days worth. but if you know you’ll be in and out in less than 3 days, then get 3 days worth. no point getting say 5 days worth, they’ll bill you at the day rate.
you’ll need your vehicle documents for the vignette. it’s not a legal thing, but it makes it very easy.

As he says !
You need a box for Slovak toll ! Stop at border and you’ll see the place to go. Pop in and tell them your transiting and they will sort you out. They are usually pretty helpful.

I stopped at the truckstop in Hungry 7k from border was safe there I found

When I went into Romania was a 7 day vignette didnt show my doc either as she didnt ask for them just the reg no.

cheers guys for that it takes a lot of the worry off about parking tolls etc
when i cross into hungary i prob should have 2/3 hrs drive time all going well but dont want to hit budapest till the morning how far are the services spaced out after the border as want to get as close as i can to budapest then run in there early in the morning prob 6am as i would presume traffic will be manic like any city

I’d be really careful in central budapest as break-ins are a very common occurance, I was waiting on the street after helping a coworker load a new jag at a dealership, was sent out to my truck by the staff as “it’s very dangerous to leave the truck alone”. a gang of gypsy youth was walking down the street, one of them threw a brick through a car window and another one took a duffelbag from the front seat, all casual, they didn’t ever bother running away. I thought best not to interfer as getting stabbed was not in my plans that day.

what are you driving?
budapest takes a bit of planning. don’t go through the middle, go the long way round. my trailer was wacking hell out of some branches, the branches were hitting the tram cables, the cables went bang. and that was a main road.
no harm done, just a lot of noise.
i wouldn’t bother parking at the services, try to get to your destination. it’s a busy place. rush hour lasts all day.

This may also help

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86411&p=1207093&hilit=romania#p1207093

animal:
This may also help

You not only need a map but some geography lessons. The last time I looked Budapest was still in Hungary…that thread is about Romania.

GBPub:

animal:
This may also help

You not only need a map but some geography lessons. The last time I looked Budapest was still in Hungary…that thread is about Romania.

LOL yep :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Has it not moved yet :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :blush: :blush:

^ Oh dear Animal, I think the flood gates might be about to open :wink:

day cab tractor unit downgraded to 7.5 ton and a 4 ton trailer but my drop is a few miles from centre so all happy and truck sat nav showing no issues
stopped here at jihlava prob 2 hours on from prague as having probs with the brakes on the unit and trailer and dont fancy a breakdown late at night out here so will try make the rest of journey in daylight tomorro :slight_smile:
plus side is was lucky services have a motel not the best but will do and bar is non stop plus u can smoke in the bar so all good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
thanks again for the help most appreciated

If you have a full European sat nav. You will have no probs in Hungary at all. It’s a nice city and the people are friendly. The motorways are great too.

bigvern1:
If you have a full European sat nav. You will have no probs in Hungary at all. It’s a nice city and the people are friendly. The motorways are great too.

Have they finnished the road works on the main motorway through Hungry â– â–  as they had when I went through

Just back in london and trip went all well thanks again for all your help
i have a igo sat nav bought for 70 of ebay and find it very good in europe never a prob with it
Yeah the motorway is completed but coming into budapest they are working on the entrance onto the M0 and its a nightmare there also the old motorway is ****** :astonished: full of ridges was hard trying to keep it steady :wink:
Stopped at services in czech on the way cant remember the name but 15 euro for hotel room as only had a day cab the bar stay opens 24 hours around 1 euro a pint and lots of nice girls walking around the truck park i presume they must be lost :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nice girls with hand held machines to debit your bank card maybe. :smiley: