bucktons

any photos of bucktons manchester1970s had 6 8 wheel tippers caterpillar 951s 955s etc

that brings back memories tipper tom , bucktons came to ici buxton on the tarmac contract in the 70s . started off with old ergo reivers with steel muck bodies , and then got some new ergo and lad cabbed reivers in ici colours . i did a short spell for them and went on to pastures new . i think they finished when tarmac took over the coated plant for ici when the m62 was being built . i don’t have any photos though , just the memories . cheers , dave

bucktons theres a blast did they have a big yard round Oldham Royton area and did matchbox model a tipper on them or am I up the wrong tree

my farther was on hire to them on muck shifting
on the Salford pendlebury underpass
around 1974 1975
they had some great machinery
later they became known as d c t

rigsby:
that brings back memories tipper tom , bucktons came to ici buxton on the tarmac contract in the 70s . started off with old ergo reivers with steel muck bodies , and then got some new ergo and lad cabbed reivers in ici colours . i did a short spell for them and went on to pastures new . i think they finished when tarmac took over the coated plant for ici when the m62 was being built . i don’t have any photos though , just the memories . cheers , dave

I drove for Tarmac 1970 and was given one of Bucktons steel bodied tippers and was sent up to Hillhead to load a couple of generators and various mechanical items as they stripped the plant down. They must have bought the trucks of Buckton’s whose yard I’m sure was at Shaw. The load I took up to Arkow and loaded granite back to Wilds at Ramsbottom which is now Marshalls. Left a trail of oil all the way to Settle which had run out of the tackle on the back. Remember it like yesterday but can’t remember what I had for diner. What say you Rigsby. Barry Boam had something to do with Bucktons in Tunstead. Remember the BRS tipping artics in there at the same time.

rigsby:

Middle Albion is a Buckton wagon.

hiya bonkey , i drove an re29 (lad cabbed )riever for bucktons , it left those ergos for dead on the hills .

bc3.png

tippertom:
any photos of bucktons manchester1970s had 6 8 wheel tippers caterpillar 951s 955s etc