Buckleys of warrington

Does anyone remember buckleys, my dad drove for them for many a year out of london on the night trunks.

WALLS 390L:
Does anyone remember buckleys, my dad drove for them for many a year out of london on the night trunks.

Hi Walls,I remember Buckleys on Howley Lane Warrington,I used to fill up in that depot in the 70s when I worked for A E Evans.

Chris Webb:

WALLS 390L:

Hi Walls,I remember Buckleys on Howley Lane Warrington,I used to fill up in that depot in the 70s when I worked for A E Evans.

Would that have been the same buckleys, i remember dad talking of other companys like j&h, miller and gordon etc

hi walls,
have a look at this link, picture was posted by ADR on the tanker companies thread…pete

download/file.php?id=17836&mode=view

wirralpete:
hi walls,
have a look at this link, picture was posted by ADR on the tanker companies thread…pete

download/file.php?id=17836&mode=view

. Many thanks for the picture, i think the tanks were a follow on from their days on general haulage. i know my dads motor was an atki waggon and drag reg no 1577 ED

WALLS 390L:

Have a look here: paulanderson.pikfu.net/set1765262/

240 Gardner:

WALLS 390L:

Have a look here: paulanderson.pikfu.net/set1765262/

Many many thanks, wow what a sight. some of those vehicles are the ones he drove. Ive got one of his old diaries here and some of those numbers are in it. cant believe it if he was here now he would have been on cloud nine. His name incase any one out there remembers him was kenny richards.

I remember Buckleys Tankers… they bought a couple of Rankins 8wheeler Scammell flat wagons & put tanks on to them late 60s if my memmory is right Regards Larry

there were 3 brewerys, buckleys i think was the middle one they had an ex Entress Seddon Atkinson 400 dwn485v. if any body got a photo in Entress blue/yellow let me know. thanks daibootsy.

G’day mate,

I’ve found this old pic in a book that I have about trucks.

A great looking combination.

We lived in Warrington and dad drove for Buckleys and i can remember going with him in the School hols one day to a place in Salford corner of Odsal lane and what was Regent Rd i,m sure had a bank on the corner and he unloaded a load of tins of corned beef right behind the bank. i,m i right with the area and the bank ■■

dad often used the old cafe called bob manleys. does anyone out there have any photos of the cafe in its heyday ?