BT

I have bt internet and phone at home and pay by direct debit, just thought I would check the bill and saw they are charging for something called Internet Phone at a cost of £10.50 per quarter and they have been since February.
I have not asked for it or need it but when I ring to complain they say not there fault as I should of checked my bill.

Has anyone else got it on there bill without asking for it?

Tell them it’s not your fault, you have checked your bill which is why you are bringing it to their attention now. Tell them you expect a full unconditional refund within 28 days or you are contacting the ombudsman and your solicitor.

Btw, before you do all this please ensure that you know what exactly an internet phone is and ensure you don’t have one! :smiley:

I don’t know if it’s still there, but there used to be a phone socket on the back of the bt home hub, which gave you a second phone line via the internet. Is it possible that you’ve plugged a phone in here, which will activate the internet phone?

scaniason:
I don’t know if it’s still there, but there used to be a phone socket on the back of the bt home hub, which gave you a second phone line via the internet. Is it possible that you’ve plugged a phone in here, which will activate the internet phone?

Been away so slow replying, no not plugged in anywhere else on the bill it says not been used they have just added it onto the bill without saying or asking if I had not checked I would never have know that’s why I say check your bill.