BT Magna Park Lutterworth

This place is getting worse !!![emoji49][emoji49]
Been here since 6:30am and only now being tipped 10:10 am and I was 3rd behind 2 of my colleges trucks
There’s a massive que out side as well , it’s been like this for the last2 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Came out of Asda at about 0900 and saw the massive queue. Saw a van sign written “magna park security” looking at the chaos and thought there’ll be trouble.

sent using smoke signals

Come on,its BT what do you expect, delays run through the whole outfit from phone line repairs to broadband to depots such as Magna Park,its part and parcel of working for BT.Have you ever seen a BT man rush unless it T break or dinner time

mick.mh2racing:
Came out of Asda at about 0900 and saw the massive queue. Saw a van sign written “magna park security” looking at the chaos and thought there’ll be trouble.

sent using smoke signals

Several years ago I had a delivery to Asda on Magna Park. It was a second attempt as I’d been turned away the previous day when I missed my booked slot so I got there early. Too early, so they sent me away and I went and parked up nearby to wait.

It was early, I was tired and nodded off in the drivers seat, only to be woken several minutes later by someone hammering on the door. I opened the window to find one of Magna Park’s finest yawping “You can’t park here, you’re blocking the traffic…”
I looked out and replied “I’m not blocking anything - some twerp has parked a security van directly opposite and that’s what’s causing the problem,” and wound the window back up. Security bloke turned purple and I thought for a moment he was going to explode. I did move though :slight_smile:

There like vultures on that estate. I was going argos there once.
I parked up just before it to make a quick phone call. Was only on the phone about 2 mis and security were there moaning about me stopping. Was about 6 am roads were empty wasn’t causing an obstruction

I had a delivery to ASDA but it wasn’t addressed to them, it was addressed to some French company who were putting racking in. I was parked outside a factory waiting and got the same security nob. The delivery address was made out by the lads working on site, nobody knew the company name because they turned up in UK hire vans. The security don’t like anyone parking on their road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lolipop:
Come on,its BT what do you expect, delays run through the whole outfit from phone line repairs to broadband to depots such as Magna Park,its part and parcel of working for BT.Have you ever seen a BT man rush unless it T break or dinner time

yes, we do rush. ive never got 5 mins to myself. last Saturday i worked from 0700 to 1825 without a break for coffee, lunch or a pee,

i see on here lorry drivers complaining about the job. try working for a company that doesnt have to worry about the drivers hours regs. its like lorry driving in the 60’s, except we have trackers and complience crap. and for less money than you guys, on average

I have had the same problems at Magna Park. It should be compulsory for these estates to have a lorry park with toilets etc. I couldnt find my drop. Nowhere to pull over to check maps. Same hassle from jumped up security

qwakers:

lolipop:

yes, we do rush. ive never got 5 mins to myself. last Saturday i worked from 0700 to 1825 without a break for coffee, lunch or a pee,

i see on here lorry drivers complaining about the job. try working for a company that doesnt have to worry about the drivers hours regs. its like lorry driving in the 60’s, except we have trackers and complience crap. and for less money than you guys, on average

Have you not heard of the WTD where you are required by law to have a break by 6 hrs.OR you should try returning a job every now and again ,other than that get your Union involved. A good many on here will tell you planners will dish out work knowing full well some will break their necks to get it done.
When you mention driving in the 60s suggest to me you should be hanging your keys up as I was doing my bit mid 60s and I have been retired 7 years.

i didnt say i was there in the 60’s

i also wasnt complaining. we have all oped out of the working time directive and i am late for jobs and return them all the time. doesnt change the workload much though.

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot “opt out” of that part of the Working Time Directive that deals with rest breaks (although you can opt out of the 48hr weekly working time limit).

Note that “you” in this case doesn’t include a lorry driver, who can only opt out of the part which deals with night work.