BRS

Hi Everyone,
I’m new to this although I’ve got 39 years behind the wheel, and sadly just been made redundant by that big yellow outfit from Germany (say no more).
I first started driving along with my brother at the British Road Services at Oldbury Depot, when we changed from BRS to Midlands BRS our fleet bgan with MJ, the other day my brother showed me a photo of a Bristol taken whilst resting in our depot approx 1972/3 with the fleet no beginning with EE. We can’t decide on which depot it was out of.
Does anybody know so we can put this to rest?

Hi Bodenham, welcome to the site that’s a great driving record - 39 yrs!

I think EE was allocated to Walsall Depot.

Hope this helps.

Regards - R

Bodenham:
Hi Everyone,
I’m new to this although I’ve got 39 years behind the wheel, and sadly just been made redundant by that big yellow outfit from Germany (say no more).
I first started driving along with my brother at the British Road Services at Oldbury Depot, when we changed from BRS to Midlands BRS our fleet bgan with MJ, the other day my brother showed me a photo of a Bristol taken whilst resting in our depot approx 1972/3 with the fleet no beginning with EE. We can’t decide on which depot it was out of.

Hello, Bodenham.
I’m Alex Saville from Glasgow, ex Douglas Group, Townsend Street, Port Dundas, Glasgow. Depot code BB. After closure I was at Glasgow branch, Lister Street, Townhead, depot code BA for a couple of years.
I remember the Oldbury depot, I was there a few times.
I remember loading vodka out of Bass at Smethwick for Glasgow. I got that load from Oldbury’s traffic office.
Welcome!
Alex

Hello Bodenham
Welcome to another BRSer mate , I regularly used Olbury Depot for fuel in the early 70s as it was just off the M5 and would leave my Trailer there to run up to Princess End for digs and over the years always looked at the spot where the old Depot was everytime I passed , if you have BRS memories drop in on our British Road Services thread .
Regards Frenchy

Bodenham:
Hi Everyone,

bodenham post that picture on here !

Hello ,looking for pics for todays scrapbook offering I found this. :smiley:

Cheers Bubbs. :wink: