BRS Wrexham Depot ( Berse Road )

Just wondering if anyone had any info/pictures on the aforementioned depot. The depot is still there but is now an Arrival bus depot. Any information great fully received.

Some pictures on the north wales thread, arriva bus depot you say…I could just see Albert as Blakey from on the buses! :smiley:

steelboyf10:
Some pictures on the north wales thread, arriva bus depot you say…I could just see Albert as Blakey from on the buses! :smiley:

Always thought Wrexham was a sub depot of Queensferry , they did tetra pak work as well , thank you Trevor .

tastrucker:

steelboyf10:

Always thought Wrexham was a sub depot of Queensferry , they did tetra pak work as well , thank you Trevor .

Hi Trevor
We used to get loads ex Brymbo when work was slack out of Shotton, the BRS did all the Con Can work in those days, and Tetra Pak , didn’t they have the workshops there also?

Hi, Folks Wrexham dept ,had a lot of work , We used to sub off them a lot CON CAN ,BRYMBO STEEL ,WREXHAM Larger ,tetra pack ,tissues ,tyre place on the trading est, and lots more ,they had a large work shop ,we also worked out of Q/ferry but they would never let us load out of SHOTTON STEEL , Happy days just a bit reminiscing ,Cheers Barry

steelboyf10:

tastrucker:

steelboyf10:

Hi Trevor
We used to get loads ex Brymbo when work was slack out of Shotton, the BRS did all the Con Can work in those days, and Tetra Pak , didn’t they have the workshops there also?

Hello steelboy ,not sure if they had there own workshops , but do you remember Green bros with Atkinsons out of Brymbo and Tymms from whitchurch ? thank you Trevor .

tastrucker:

steelboyf10:

tastrucker:

steelboyf10:

Hi Trevor

Hello steelboy ,not sure if they had there own workshops , but do you remember Green bros with Atkinsons out of Brymbo and Tymms from whitchurch ? thank you Trevor .

Hi Trevor, yes Greens never sold any of their old motors from what I remember used to park them up in the yard, recall an Atki and 400 parked in the yard I guess late 80s, tymms, they were some boys…we used to call them 2 a day tymms!!! As they did 2 to our 1 to the Midlands :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , I have some photos I will post.

tastrucker:

steelboyf10:

tastrucker:

steelboyf10:

Hi Trevor

Mate of mine, Phil Hughes used to be a fitter there, I guess early 80s

barrywaddy:
Hi, Folks Wrexham dept ,had a lot of work , We used to sub off them a lot CON CAN ,BRYMBO STEEL ,WREXHAM Larger ,tetra pack ,tissues ,tyre place on the trading est, and lots more ,they had a large work shop ,we also worked out of Q/ferry but they would never let us load out of SHOTTON STEEL , Happy days just a bit reminiscing ,Cheers Barry

Hi Barry, hope your well, can’t recall them in Shotton when I was on for Shones, must have been before 76 I guess, when did queensferry close?