BRS Banbury

I’m looking for any photos from BRS Banbury and it’s contracts Alcan AP GF or the depot at Merton street or Daventry road any help would be greatly appreciated

Revjonboy:
I’m looking for any photos from BRS Banbury and it’s contracts Alcan AP GF or the depot at Merton street or Daventry road any help would be greatly appreciated

Check out the BRS thread on the Old Time Lorries and Drivers Forum.

kevmac47:

Revjonboy:

Check out the BRS thread on the Old Time Lorries and Drivers Forum.

A great idea kevmac47, so I’ve moved the topic to that very forum so that it can be viewed and answered by those in the know. :smiley:

Check out my photos on Facebook BRITISH ROAD SERVICES OXFORD DEPOT ,I have some Banbury photos when Tony upton was the fleet engineer ,I have posted some on here on the Brs page but I find no response so I give up posting on there .

Hi Rev Jonboy Banbury BRS was my first job as a driver on general haulage apprenticeship ,that went of for 36 years i do not think i completed it ,anyway 1967 leyland -super comets,one special one with a 2 speed axle,back then they were all red, 33 foot trailers i doubt anyone owned a camera ,let alone take photographs of a lorry they would have thought you mad,it never happened from a driver, another enthusiast maybe.good hunting .dbp

Revjonboy:

I think this is a Mike Houle photo

Blimey yes that is it,the old park royal mercury as well that is 1967 ish ask where the battery was.