Brown Wharrier Transport

Anyone remember this International Transport Company? based at Team Valley, Gateshead, Yellow trucks with Brown & Orange stripes up the side

Brush painting my wheels, tanks and bumper on my first proper modern truck! with a bunk.

I remember an X reg ERF B series that they ran. If I remember rightly they got bought or did some sort of deal with R & A Young (now Hargreaves) who were big in bulk tipping at the time.

Didn’t they have a few DAFs at one time too ?

Truckerash may have more pictures, I seem to think there’s one on the Int. trucking in the 80s thread somewhere.

I think Peter Brown & Alan Wharrier worked for International Transport company ‘English Mustard’ who ran beige coloured Magirus-Deitz trucks to Europe in the 70’s & 80s.

They left there and setup Brown Wharrier, doing mostly European groupage work with Tilts, I remember they had a ‘V’ Reg Scanny 141, and a Ford Transcontinental, and in the later years leased a load of DAF 3300’s they were somehow also connected to ‘Taxi Freight’ another local transport company.

I think Peter Brown & Alan Wharrier worked for an International Transport company

peter brown and alan wharrier worked in the traffic office at cawthorn and sinclair at birtley. english mustard ran the garage there. when cawthorns folded english mustard kept the garage on and bought a few maggies that cawthorn used on the thorn contract at sunderland. when brown wharrier finished alan wharrier worked for an irish firm haulage services who had a yard in newburn

I think I remember Brown Wharrier reloading in Febland’s in Novara in the mid 80’s.
IIRC, they had DAFs (3300■■) at the time.

Carl:

:smiley: Great pic Carl, that’s exactly my memory of them.:grimacing:

yes i rember a lad called watson who was a suby great bloke

couple photos here