Broken down

Straddled across a road to back into a yard and pressed the R button. Hear the usual clock but then nothing, the engine just revs, albeit under some load by the sound of it. Try going forward, nothing, engine off and on… Nothing.

Marvellous. Guess the clutch has gone, boss will love that.

By now every man and his dog is queued up either side of me in thier cars, but sweet fa I can do about it.

Quick thinking I nip into the yard I was trying to get into and ask them for a pull from a forklift, thankfully the manage to pull it back off the road, so now I’m blocking thier yard instead.

Just waiting on the recovery.

Thank goodness there is a petrol station down the road, coffee and sarnies a plenty.

As the song goes,Things can only get better :cry: :frowning: :smiley: :laughing:

Didn’t work out to well for Tony Blair though did it. :smiley:

109LWB:
Didn’t work out to well for Tony Blair though did it. :smiley:

That’s a joke - right?

TB bailed out just when things were falling apart. Since then he has made millions in the US and elsewhere. He was supposed to be a ‘Middle East Envoy’ but I read that they more or less paid him to stay out of the way.

Things got a lot better for him - the rest of us paid the price.

I meant as in the state of the country rather than him personally.

Is it normal to have to wait for 7 hours for recovery?

Never needed it before so don’t know if it’s normal or not. The recovery company is only based an hour away.
Really bored now.

What make of motor are you driving ?.

shugg:

A broken one

shugg:

I’m gonna take a punt at an Actros with around 470thou k’s on it.

An Iveco with 120k miles on it.

Yea I know I’m asking for it with an Iveco. But not my choice.

109LWB:
An Iveco with 120k miles on it.

Is that a record for an Iveco.
Do you still have any dashboard buttons left, the ones on mine used to self destruct on a regular basis.

That was 15 years ago though, sure they are better made now…

Home at last, only 12 hours after ringing the recovery people. Lucky I was only n hour away from base. :confused:

The truck is actually in quite good order apart from this. Most of it works…

109LWB:
Home at last, only 12 hours after ringing the recovery people. Lucky I was only n hour away from base. :confused:

The truck is actually in quite good order apart from this. Most of it works…

Good MPG today then :grimacing: