Broken down again!

Here is a pic of me broken down in Newcastle today, luckily near our depot, burst hose fixed by our top fitter on the side of the road.
Can’t get cab that far up!!

The offending item.

Battery running out on laptop!! Bye

Edited: Sorry, asked a question about full cab tilt before realising it’s an artic!!!

bowserman:
Here is a pic of me broken down in Newcastle today, luckily near our depot, burst hose fixed by our top fitter on the side of the road.
Can’t get cab that far up!!

The offending item.

Battery running out on laptop!! Bye

exelby do a 12v laptop battery multicharger thing, well wort the investment if you use your laptop on the road a lot.

Top fitter?
Don’t want to meet your worst!
It’s only a hose FGS, drop the trailer pull forward a couple of feet. Fully tilt the cab.
Job done.

you could have fixed that yourself insulation tape and chewing gum good as new :laughing:

DaveL:
Top fitter?
Don’t want to meet your worst!
It’s only a hose FGS, drop the trailer pull forward a couple of feet. Fully tilt the cab.
Job done.

Was being sarcastic with the top fitter bit. However, same happened in Scotland a couple of weeks ago and Volvo Truck and Bus wouldn’t look at it unless cab was fully over.

Can’t drop these trailers loaded unfortunately, and unloading 9 cars on the side of the road isn’t an option. What you can do if you have the space is to jacknife the unit so it is clear of the peak and it will go over, thats what we did in Perth.

I burst a water pipe on an fm exactly like that last autum.
was it right beside the dipstick near the sump.
about 550k on the clock when mine went

This one has 850k on and had two in two weeks!!

850 ks :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . Fm miles were hard miles for me.Bout time for a change :question: :question:

I can’t see me getting a new one for a while yet, although they are on about getting shot of the remaining 4 artics. Having said that, its a good truck, passes newer/bigger transporters on the hills and doesn’t use a drop of oil.

That may be a good thing. I read on here somewere that eu law is changin on min cab size for overnights.
Must’ve got wind of it over here cos theres alot of 07/08’s on the road

I have heard that too, however, knowing how the law works, you will probably find it will not be retrospective and will be for new trucks registered after a certain date (like the digi tachos). Thats probably why our place is getting 4 new trucks this year (Renaults)

I’d stick with the revolver then :confused: :wink: