Broken Brake lights!

Just got my first job agency and my first shift went spot on! On my second run I have hit a pole when reversing into a really tight loading bay and smashed one of the break lights! The guys at the drop off depot said a few drivers have hit it so i’m not the first! Has anyone else ever done this, what is likely to happen?!

Either docked money by agency (Which will mean 1x accident on your record which isn’t good)
Goes on agency insurance
Goes on company insurance

If you can afford to pay it, I suggest you do (preferably via back channels through company) to avoid a accident on your record

You may not go back to that company after that though…

Not a great start then!

agency driver?? Park it up say nowt just like the rest of them :smiley:

lol bale Well Said, where i work i see accident do happen and driver doesn’t report anything, i am not saying dont be honest, i am only saying this is what every one do lol just be prepared and pray the next person wont do his vehicle checks, as i see some driver doesnt do their vehicle checks properly just walk around off they go.

Deny all knowledge. “Wasn’t there before boss”.

it’s all sorted i reported to agency and depot i was working at, don’t want someone else to get rap for my mistake, just have to learn from it and move on! i figured not reporting it would make me look much worse!

newtrucker2013:
it’s all sorted i reported to agency and depot i was working at, don’t want someone else to get rap for my mistake, just have to learn from it and move on! i figured not reporting it would make me look much worse!

Anyone can have an accident but not everyone has the same attitude as you. Nothing wrong with owning up an some places might respect you even more for doing so.

newtrucker2013:

good call

OH, they cannot make you pay for it unless you have signed a written contract to do so

newtrucker2013:

as an employer I would respect you more for having been honest and owning up, best thing to do under the circumstances would be to report it when you did it, that way it gives your employer the time to sort a replacement so they are able to repair damage as soon as you return to base, therefore avoiding any vehicle downtime

voodoo1:
Either docked money by agency (Which will mean 1x accident on your record which isn’t good)
Goes on agency insurance
Goes on company insurance

If you can afford to pay it, I suggest you do (preferably via back channels through company) to avoid a accident on your record

You may not go back to that company after that though…

How do they record it on my record? the company nor agency mentioned this when i reported it??