Britvic, Magna Park on Wednesday

Anyone else trapped in the debacle that was their goods-out depot, on Wednesday?

I got lucky and arrived when there was 1 wagon in the queue ahead of me, and waited 20 minutes to get into the yard, an hour to be called onto the bay, an hour to be filled and half an hour to get out (25 minutes of which were waiting for desk jockeys to deal with me).

As I came out though I saw they not only had the wagons I could see in the yard queueing in the middle, and on trailer-bays by the fence, but also had wagons queued down the long side of the building, with a security staff member letting them round back as wagons came out, queued through security, out onto the industrial estate to the roundabout and onward…

admittedly I normally collect my backload from there at around 2am, and only take 90 minutes to 2 hours, cos they’re on skeleton staff, but there’s little queueing…

is it normally as bad as I describe, in daytimes?

The thoughts of “kneesup” and “brewery” come to mind!!

I used to work there (a few years ago now, mind) on the shunt tug (the ‘red’ one!) and it did get a bit busy/chaotic at times but never as bad as that!!

I did see the conveyors break down once and although it was fixed quick, you could see the potential for a disaster if it had lasted much longer.

i`ve been in there six hours before now… and that was supposed to be in-swap trls and out again!!!

I go there regular with stock transfer from chelmsford or beckton, and it is not unusual to que on the road, though i’ve gone in and straight under the canopy aswell, there is just no rhyme or reason to it, generaly allow myself at least a couple of hours, thats just to tip as i dont often load back out. was in there thursday mid morning this week about an hour and a half.
Went to tesco thurrock thursday, for a 04.45am tip, was on the way to chelmsford by 05.30am{sameday}, it was a 26 pallet load aswell, i’m still in shock, though i dont expect this new found haste to last :wink: