Britvic and Stobarts

No it’s not a knock Stobarts thread.

Just curiosity really.

Do they pay Britvic to get a guaranteed tip / load time?

At the gatehouse it very clearly states for all to see that Stobarts have a guaranteed load or unload time of 30 mins and if tip and reload its a guaranteed 60 min cutoff.

Now we all know that Stobarts are the super race of haulage companies :smiley:. But why them?

As I said its not a slag off Stobarts thread so only genuine info or realistic opinions should be presented :slight_smile:

I believe its because they are one of there contracts. :smiley:

James Irlams used to have contracts with britvics in the 90s but stobarts paid the drivers wages when Irlams had financial problems and gradually took over. We ran out of barking and had guaranteed times so no hanging about!

Britvic don’t like them doin coca cola work too much sugar

Britvic don’t like them doin too much coca cola work too much sugar.

Stobart’s have had that contract for at leased 20 years… :open_mouth:

Mid 90’s when I was at Britvic in Salford it was 90% Irlam’s and the odd bit of Stobart, back then they got tipped when they got tipped.

Maybe its part of the contract including a cheap rate.

I was at stobs sherburn when they got the main contract for cocacola, there was talk of coke staff going on strike and coke threw as much product as poss at us and we ended up using the old somerfield depot which at the time was empty, we had that many damaged cans, we were giving them away, the security guys at both somerfield and stobs had full fridges in gatehouse, well woman fromcoke came and noticed and went ape ■■■■! so the following week we got the fridges full of britvic products and she went doubly ape ■■■■, i pi33ed myself laughing at her,

i even overheard a telephone call of hers where she was trying to book some hotel rooms for some coke staff who were coming in to help us out, price was,nt a problem it was down to wether they served coke products or britvic…

I’m sure it’s because it’s written in to the contract. This price for half an hour turnaround or this price for dragging it out because you’re useless & lazy, simples.

Im on for green army and I go into Lutterworth regular and recently I’ve had guy at gate telling me make sure I don’t go over 30 min in and out but that time soon goes and I do go over as I’m not rushing to please stobby on my safety checks etc… But I asked why he telling me he said because its a stobby rule now as people having breaks and Agy taking ■■■■ etc so if I go over I have to get office at britvic to sign and state why and ring my office lol

Norwich has a 60 turnround time.

waddy640:

That’s because Bartrums are taking so long to park up and collect their next load! :laughing:
I blame Mr Vain!! He’s always polishing that bloody Scania! :grimacing:

They will use Mercs.

waddy640:
They will use Mercs.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The first max weight artic (38 tonnes) I drove was out of Britvic for Securicor in 1996, that was with a Volvo FL10.

waddy640:

Its so they can get back to the bypass and into the layby between the 146 and 140 :smiley:

Geoffo:
Stobart’s have had that contract for at leased 20 years… :open_mouth:

No. They had it, lost it. Wincanton had it then at renewal time the green ones re won the contract.

dle1uk:
I was at stobs sherburn when they got the main contract for cocacola, there was talk of coke staff going on strike and coke threw as much product as poss at us and we ended up using the old somerfield depot which at the time was empty, we had that many damaged cans, we were giving them away, the security guys at both somerfield and stobs had full fridges in gatehouse, well woman fromcoke came and noticed and went ape [zb]! so the following week we got the fridges full of britvic products and she went doubly ape [zb], i pi33ed myself laughing at her,

**i even overheard a telephone call of hers where she was trying to book some hotel rooms for some coke staff who were coming in to help us out, price was,nt a problem it was down to wether they served coke products or britvic…[/**quote]

We sometimes used to pick up at coca cola East kilbride and the hastle we had trying to get in the door was murder !
Becasuse we had "lambrini and red square " sponsorship on our curtains !
security whould have to phone up to see if a non coke product was aloud on site !
I could understand IF another soft drink make but it was BOOZE not a competor

In the late 90’s I used to do a night truck from Norwich to Britvic at Lutterworth, it was a Stobart, Irlams job, but subbied out to local hauliers.
We never had to hang around waiting to get tipped, although we had a delivery time in the end we just used to call the forklift driver and give him an ETA he’d either say wait for a while because it was busy or come in and he’d be waiting to tip us.
Nice steady job if a little boring tramping up the A14 each night. :smiley: