Brittany Ferries Rip Off!

On saturday morning I boarded the Brittany Ferries Cotentin in Poole for the 27 hour crossing to Santander.

After lunch and the obligatory siesta I awoke refreshed and fancying a beer before the evening meal, so orft I toddled to the bar. “A can of your finest Kronenbourg please” says I, “£2.90” says Melanie (the barmaid) “'ow much?” says I. Incidentally a large Kia now costs £5.15!!!

Brittany have increased the price of a can of beer by no less than 80 pence over night.

It seems that Brittany Ferries as well as robbing their car passengers blind with drinks prices on the Pont Aven, Armorique, Cap de Finnistere etc… have now decided that the freight drivers should be royally fleeced too. So if you fancy a pint on the Cotentin, take some tinnys with you, I certainly will in future.

I did wonder why the bar was so quiet as the ship was very nearly full, and whilst it had a bit of a roll on it certsinly wasnt bad enough to get the wet serviettes out, so it couldnt have been due to a plague of the mal de mer.

Hombre:
Incidentally a large Kia now costs £5.15!!!

thats cheap Mark, they must be trying to compete with the likes of Dacia and Daewoo :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s rough. But i won’t be worrying about it too much. My idea of hell would be to be stuck on that thing for 27 hours.

Ex Haulier:
That’s rough. But i won’t be worrying about it too much. My idea of hell would be to be stuck on that thing for 27 hours.

It’s actually quite a nice boat quite new as well, the food is good and plentiful but as mark says the alcohol is dear although every meal you get wine free so keep piling them up!!
you need to be on there though with somebody you know otherwise its just eat, sleep or watch films. you could always do whale watching

I’ve not been on it, has it not got a duty-free shop?

Harry Monk:
I’ve not been on it, has it not got a duty-free shop?

sort of harry, a few shelves behind a bar type counter that sells baccy, ■■■■ and bottles not exactly a shop though! more an information desk where you can choose the DVD’s you want to watch on the big screens.

[zb] wb when i read his post about the kia for over a fiver i was going to say the same as you. :smiley:

welshboyinspain:

Ex Haulier:

It’s actually quite a nice boat quite new as well, the food is good and plentiful but as mark says the alcohol is dear although every meal you get wine free so keep piling them up!!
you need to be on there though with somebody you know otherwise its just eat, sleep or watch films. you could always do whale watching

The crossing does drag a bit, but the boats pleasant enough.
Personally I prefer the Pont Aven to the Cotentin, but my main gripe that I get to have my 24 on the boat instead of in the sun in southern Spain. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I saw the downturn when they stopped giving me a litre of wine with my meal.

Kir on the Coutances was about 89 cents a shot

Pick up a bottle of something in gib and just buy mixers. I’d have a bottle of Bombay and just buy tonic. Got to fight fire with fire.

Although it has to be the most boring bloody boat in the world…golden vaginia was cheap last week at only £3-90 a pack…and they had a magician that was funny! were you on the tuesday 11-00 boat??