British written signs

Santa:
Anyone like to have a go at a test? It’s hardre than you might think.

I failed - 38 out of 40

Latest Free Online Mock Theory Test Questions

Failed, I got 39 out of 40

I got the tram one wrong - it looked like a ship :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I got 7, 12 and 17 wrong. I honestly didn’t know 7, for 12 I thought it was a confusing question and for 17 I didn’t think about it enough before answering. :blush:

Rob K:
I got 7, 12 and 17 wrong. I honestly didn’t know 7, for 12 I thought it was a confusing question and for 17 I didn’t think about it enough before answering. :blush:

It’s different every time you log on

Santa:

Rob K:

It’s different every time you log on

I see. Well, I didn’t know the answer to the 2 yellow lines on the kerb edge (I selected loading allowed at certain times). 12 was what shape sign is a roundabout sign and I selected circular, which is actually correct for a mini roundabout but that was wrong. And last one was sign for speed humps but I selected uneven roads without thinking about it enough. FAIL. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DAF95XF:

orys:
Also: Unsuitable for heavy vehicles. What is a heavy vehicle? 7,5 tons? 44 tons? Reliant Robin? (I can’t lift it, so for me it’s heavy). Or maybe HGV? But if HGV is heavy vehicle what should I do if I drive one of these:

This for sure is NOT a HGV.

I was wondering this, because most signs have a picture of a truck, Im hopefully temporarily driving coaches, therefore any restrictions I presume apply to trucks :wink:
And going back to flashing in, Ive been surprised by the amount of truck drivers flashing me back in when I overtake :open_mouth:

why would anybody bother flashing you in tack you´ve got no mirrors on your bus to see their lights :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve impressed meself.

Only no 15 wrong and we aint got trams in Norfolk :smiley:

I put “oncoming trams” and its “trams crossing ahead”. I think if I ever saw that sign I would be on the lookout for something bigger than me.

40/40, although strangely I had three questions repeated, the pass either side one, the quayside or river bank one and the end of dual carriageway one. They were questions 7. 8 and 9 and then again 14. 15 and 16 so I actually only answered 37 different questions.

Coffeeholic:
40/40, although strangely I had three questions repeated, the pass either side one, the quayside or river bank one and the end of dual carriageway one. They were questions 7. 8 and 9 and then again 14. 15 and 16 so I actually only answered 37 different questions.

same here but i took my time a little :unamused: was interesting in the fact you know signs but would be hard pushed to describe them. when doing your job you just sort of know what they mean and when you get home you forget the ones related to hgv. :wink:

gezt:

Coffeeholic:

same here but i took my time a little :unamused:

You’ve lost me? What has taking your time got to do with having the same questions repeated?
My son just did it, got 39/40 and had two questions repeated, again the quayside one and the end of dual one.

I got the excamation mark wrong, thought it was aircraft noise. and I misread the risk of grounding for uneven road :blush: 38/40

Coffeeholic:

gezt:

Coffeeholic:

same here but i took my time a little :unamused:

You’ve lost me? What has taking your time got to do with having the same questions repeated?
My son just did it, got 39/40 and had two questions repeated, again the quayside one and the end of dual one.

i noticed the repeat question but was mainly on about being able to describe a sign without seeing it.
sorry for any confusion :blush: so took my time to think about them which when driving you dont have that chance

theres a bridge in leeds just off city loop near carlsberg thats an 7.5 limit, several times i have seen 2 double decker buses heading into town with 1 heading out of town all on the bridge at the same time, way over 7.5 t in my book…

brados:

Santa:

I failed - 38 out of 40

I got the tram one wrong - it looked like a ship :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations you have passed
Pass Mark: 40
You scored 40 out of a possible 40 (attempted 40).
BUT I had to lie on Q31 as the correct answer was not there :open_mouth:

ROG:

brados:

Santa:

I failed - 38 out of 40

Congratulations you have passed
Pass Mark: 40
You scored 40 out of a possible 40 (attempted 40).
BUT I had to lie on Q31 as the correct answer was not there

Would you like some more polish for your halo Rog? You seem to be running low.

orys I think that the UK highway code could be a bit easier if they had made all the signs giving orders a red border and colour the others with a different border such as green for information signs.

ROG:
orys I think that the UK highway code could be a bit easier if they had made all the signs giving orders a red border and colour the others with a different border such as green for information signs.

in Poland the signs are classified in following cathegories:

• prohibitive signs (NO SOMETHING - no driving faster than, no parking, no entry) - round with red border
  • order signs (DO SOMETHING - turn behind/before sign, drive faster than 30 km/h, etc) - round, blue. Note: if there is a sign of cycle path, this is not informative sign, but order sign: if there is cycle path marked along the road cyclist MUST to use it.
  • warning signs (DANGER AHEAD - Crossing ahead, danger bend ahead, cattle on the road likely ahead etc.) triangle with red border and yellow background
  • informative signs - (INFORMATION: Garage, hospital, parking etc.) - rectangle, blue
    Some exceptions, such like give way (triangle “upside down”), STOP, TAXI rank etc. level crossing cross etc.

I think that in Britain its quite similar, so I was surprised when I was doing that test (35 of 40 :slight_smile: ) and I found that order signs are prohibitive sings…

Rob K:

speedyguy:

Rob K:
If it’s in a red circle then it’s compulsory. Anything else is either a suggestion or a warning. Eg. the flashing gantry boards you see on motorways that flash 40 or 50 are only advisory. The only compulsory ones you see on the motorways are the ones round the the M42 and M25 which will show the speed limit in a digital red circle. The yellow ‘max speed xmph’ signs are only advisory as well.

Just for Rob K :smiley: see 258

Amber flashing lights. These warn of a hazard ahead. The signal may show a temporary maximum speed limit, lanes that are closed or a message such as ‘Fog’. Adjust your speed and look out for the danger until you pass a signal which is not flashing or one that gives the ‘All clear’ sign and you are sure it is safe to increase your speed.

Red flashing lights. If red lights on the overhead signals flash above your lane and a red ‘X’ is showing, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in that lane. If red lights flash on a signal in the central reservation or at the side of the road, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in any lane.

direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg … 070561.pdf

Good on ORYS for asking the questions but surely you should know these things before taking to the road in foreign lans etc :open_mouth:

It’s still only advisory as such as it isn’t enforceable.

3 points i had a couple of years back says your wrong. ■■■■■■■ police

–bob–:

Rob K:

speedyguy:

Rob K:
If it’s in a red circle then it’s compulsory. Anything else is either a suggestion or a warning. Eg. the flashing gantry boards you see on motorways that flash 40 or 50 are only advisory. The only compulsory ones you see on the motorways are the ones round the the M42 and M25 which will show the speed limit in a digital red circle. The yellow ‘max speed xmph’ signs are only advisory as well.

Just for Rob K :smiley: see 258

Amber flashing lights. These warn of a hazard ahead. The signal may show a temporary maximum speed limit, lanes that are closed or a message such as ‘Fog’. Adjust your speed and look out for the danger until you pass a signal which is not flashing or one that gives the ‘All clear’ sign and you are sure it is safe to increase your speed.

Red flashing lights. If red lights on the overhead signals flash above your lane and a red ‘X’ is showing, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in that lane. If red lights flash on a signal in the central reservation or at the side of the road, you MUST NOT go beyond the signal in any lane.

direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg … 070561.pdf

Good on ORYS for asking the questions but surely you should know these things before taking to the road in foreign lans etc :open_mouth:

It’s still only advisory as such as it isn’t enforceable.

3 points i had a couple of years back says your wrong. [zb] police

But what were the points for? If they were for speeding you should have fought it, because you would have won easily as those signs, without the red border are only advisory and you don’t break any speed limit regulations by ignoring them. You can get fined and points for something else for ignoring them, maybe dangerous driving or undue care for example, but not for speeding.

nah. going through the red kights on a motorway. mw10 possibly. can’t remember exact code. was in outside lane, passed a vehicle and was moving in I. front when an artic pulled out from lane 1. went past him and in. although sign at the side of the road said 600 yards I went under cross and flashing red lights. pulled and done.

–bob–:
nah. going through the red kights on a motorway. mw10 possibly. can’t remember exact code. was in outside lane, passed a vehicle and was moving in I. front when an artic pulled out from lane 1. went past him and in. although sign at the side of the road said 600 yards I went under cross and flashing red lights. pulled and done.

Rob K was pointing out the speed ones are only advisory not the red light ones. That’s the same as going through a red traffic light so your 3 points don’t actually say Rob was wrong after all. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: